NARS Multiple//Rec. for Highlighters/Shaders

Onederland

I need some suggestions for a good shader/contouring and a good highlighter.

Preferably creme based, but liquid and powder are fine.

Thus on the subject, I was thinking about using the NARS Multiple in Palm Beach (deep bronze) for contouring, and Copacabana (pearly white) as a highlighter.

Or do you guys think I should try the Belle Azure bronzeing sticks first? If so, I have no idea what color would make a good highlighter...the gold perhaps?

Suggestions peoples! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

joytheobscure

if you try the nars let me know how they are. I'd love to try one I've heard they are awesome. I have a smashbox hilighter which I really like. It has a dark cherry shade and a golden shade. I use them as blush. I think deckchair is my new fave highligher.

beautifulxdisaster

I recently started to use deckchair mixed in moisturizer as highlighters for my face, it's gorgeous! I say try the MAC bronzers before buying Nars since they cost so more, though you could have a try at them at a counter. I would think of the copacabana as good, only if it is sheer, not sure how a pigment full white highlighter would look on someone with a good tan but if is sheer it could look good. For things available right now, palm beach and deckchair+moisturizer sounds good.

mspixieears

What about Balthusphere cheekhue? I got it, then swapped it away, as I thought it was too muted/subtle and not at all a blush, but applied under cheekbones, really gives a chiselled look. So got it back again. I'm Asian and have perhaps lighter skin than you, but it just makes me look so bronze-goddess. I think it's a great cheek highlighter/bronzer for tanned skins.

Edited to add that if you find NARS C'bana too pearly/silvery, try UD Biker cool shimmer stick? Not too frosty-gold, but again, very nice for bronzing tanned skin. I use this heaps during summertime. Love it!

eyeshadowfreak

I personally LOVE NARS multiples. Copacabana is a great highlighter and it lasts all day.

I'd definitely recommend checking it out at least.

Onederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeshadowfreak
I personally LOVE NARS multiples. Copacabana is a great highlighter and it lasts all day.

I'd definitely recommend checking it out at least.

I just got Palm Beach...though I was recommened Maldives as a highlighter. According to the MA, Maldives is a less stark white highlighter has more golden shimmer as apposed to silver in Copacabana.

Im fairly tan, very very deep golden color. So the golden shimmer in Maldives would be more natural than the Copacabana. Though I love Copacabana, and though it gives you that "J.Lo" glow, there difference is, the I'm a man, which mean when contouring my face, it should be less obvious, but still refined.

Anyways ill be sure to still look into copacabana...just because I like saying the name, and im a huge fan of white toned products. Im crazy like that.

Jillith

Copacabana is wonderful, but other than that one I am not a fan of the multiples. They've gotten to be so freaking expensive!
icon_eek.gif

Onederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillith
Copacabana is wonderful, but other than that one I am not a fan of the multiples. They've gotten to be so freaking expensive!
icon_eek.gif

in the last year, they've raised their price by TWO BUCKS!

Jillith

Dude, not so many years ago, like 2000 or 2001, the multiples were $30. Then they were $33, now they are $36. NARS inflation is way outpacing normal inflation, which offends my sensibilities, as his products were overpriced to start out with and so many are hit or miss.