NARS Orgasm Blush And Lipgloss

Hikaru-chan

I was thinking of getting these from a seller on E-bay but I'm now unsure as I've been on MUA and the reviews are not that great. What should I do? If not can you raccomend a nice peach blush or a bronzer that won't make me look dirty. I'm a NW20 with green/blue eyes and blonde hair.

rouquinne

NARS Orgasm is the number one best selling blush in the world and has been for the past 5 or 6 years.

it's pink-gold more than peach. i've worn it steadily since 2001 myself and i'm NC 15-20 with dark red hair and brown eyes.

MAC's Peachy Keen is almost identical to it.

the lip gloss is also a gorgeous shade of pink-gold, but Flash of Flesh is quite similar - especially if you put it over something with a lot of pink in it - like Skew.

hope this helps.

Liz

i DEFINITELY like orgasm blush. i ordered the lip gloss, but i didn't like it. it's way too goopy and sticky.

Onederland

Ehh, I bought it, because im a sucker for popular items.

But honestly, I only wear it when im going super minimalist (those days when im too lazy to put on a full face), because its extreamly sheer on me, and I can't seem to build up the color. I have LSF 9 skin, which translates to like a NC40ish. And Orgasm HARDLY shows up on me.

And to be completely frank...

I dont get a pink-peach flush when I...umm...yeah. Its more of a Peach/Bronze/Rose, which is why I love my GA Sheer Blush #4
th_wink3.gif

For darker skins you could try Deep Throat, which is like Orgasm minus the pink.

Shawna

I love my orgasm blush, but I don't wear it on its own very often. I use mac spice blush under it and use it over top on the apples of my cheeks. I am really fair, but I think it looks really natural and of course it sparkles and I can't get enough sparkly things. The lip gloss is great when it is on, but it takes forever to coax enough out of the container to use it. I really like the colour though. A really nice neutral peachy pink colour. Both are perfect when I go crazy with my e/s and have a really dramatic eye. Everything else is toned down so as not to compete. HTH.

Hikaru-chan

Well I,ve gone ahead and purchased both the Orgasm blusher and lipgloss, Cactus Flower cream blusher and Laguna bronzer (I find MAC bronzers make me look a dirty orange color). I figured that if I don't like them I can give them to my sister and if she does'nt like them the seller accepts returns on new and lightly tested items, plus they were so cheap $23 which is about £12.50 and normal retail price for the UK is £18.
Onederland what are GA products like and how do they compare to MAC.

Onederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
Onederland what are GA products like and how do they compare to MAC.

GA = Giorgio Armani

The line is very exclusive, and its hard to find. But when you find it, its really worth the wait. The products, in my opinion, are some of the BEST out there on the market. I love it so much more than MAC, with the exception of eyeshadows. GA eyeshadows, while the texture is wonderful, the colors are VERY limited, but i have a few since GA focuses more on a natural, radiant, sophisticated finish. While MAC has a fun, young, edgy flair to it.

Thus I prefer GA.

The blushes go on alot more sheer, and have a velvet finish. So theres no chance of going over the top like I get sometimes with MAC blushes, or making my face look really powdered up.

Color is totally buildable with GA, and can be controled very well.

But be warned, GA is relatively expensive, a blush is about $45.

Hikaru-chan

I have a GA counter right near to where I work.
What's the GA foudations like? Does it give you spots? I find MAC does'nt provide enough coverage and always looks artificial on me and at the moment I'm using Lancome Color Id but it makes my skin very oily.

Janice

GA Matte Silk is my all time HG foundation. GA is reknown for the foundations, they are really amazing. Most of them cost $50. You should also check out the fluid sheers, and I'm with Onederland - GA blushes are hands down THE BEST. Even better than NARS IMO. My stand out favorites are Cream #4 & Sheer numbers #1, #3, #4.

Onederland

Agreed with Jancie,
smiles.gif

GA is known for their foundations, the Luminous Silk which is my HG.

Luminous Silk gives a more dewy natural finish, which is a plus, being a guy and all, I dont necessarily want my make-up to be noticeable.

I have no idea what the Matte Silk is like, but im sure its wonderful too.

They glide on, and doesn't clog pores (well, for me anyways), and with totally buildable coverage.

Heres a picture of me wearing the Luminous Silk Foundation.

QUAK.jpg

Excuse the funny face. :p

Hikaru-chan

I'm gonna go to the GA counter tomorrow to see what they are like, to be quite honest I'm dreading it as the MA's there are horrible. What are the fluid sheer's are they like tinted moisturiser.

Onederland

Quote:
I'm gonna go to the GA counter tomorrow to see what they are like, to be quite honest I'm dreading it as the MA's there are horrible. What are the fluid sheer's are they like tinted moisturiser.

Fluid Sheers can be used alone, or with foudation, but they're not so much of Tinted Moisturizers as they are Liquid Highlighters.

Hikaru-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederland
Quote:

Fluid Sheers can be used alone, or with foudation, but they're not so much of Tinted Moisturizers as they are Liquid Highlighters.

Thanks.

Hikaru-chan

Went to the counter and none of the MA's were there, asked the girl on Sisley if they had gone on a break and she didn't know and told me to wait. So I waited for 20 minutes (no one showed up) and tried some stuff on the back of my hand, loved the feel of the foundations but couldn't find my color match because all the colors were not on display and the blushes were nice too but I didn't buy any because I couldn't try them on my face but I am going back on Tuesday on my lunch break.

Hikaru-chan

Bought the Liquid Silk Foundation in 03 and I love it
as it gives perfect coverage. My skin looked perfect when it was on. She also used the bronzer on me which was lovely but having just bought NARS Lagoon bronzer I couldn't justify buying another.

Scrangie

I have both the blush and the lipgloss. Personally, I love the texture of the lipgloss.. It reminds me of frosting for some reason...

The color is different than the blush, just slightly more gold and a bit lighter.

I really like them both.

Janice

Quote:
Bought the Liquid Silk Foundation in 03 and I love it
as it gives perfect coverage. My skin looked perfect when it was on.

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
greengrin.gif
smiles.gif

Latest posts