NARS Trivia

Kuuipo

Know any NARS trivia?

I was reading a bio on Marlene Dietrich. She was in a few movies that are memorialized in NARS products. There is a lipstick called Morocco, and in that movie she played "Lola Lola" (an eye shadow color). In the movie Shanghai Express (another lipstick shade, also gorgeous) she played Shanghai Lily (this Spring's collection). She was also in Desire (blush) Blonde Venus ( a great nude peach lipstick) and Scarlet Empress.(A semi matte lipstick)

Beauty Mark

It seems like a lot of Nars is into the film. Dolce Vita, Pigalle, Manhunt, Casablanca, Belle de Jour...

AlarmAgent

Ha, I actually bought one of the Eyeshadow Duos just because as far as I know, it was named after a song by one of my favorite artists: Serge Gainsbourg, the "Sea, Sex & Sun" duo. I couldn't pass it up, and it turns out the colors are pretty great anyway!

Barbarella lipstick, named after the uh, classic film. Klute, also of the Jane Fonda collection I suppose!

Also, Night Porter eyeshadow. I figure it's named after the film, but it seems like an odd choice, given the controversy surrounding it to this day. Either way, beautiful shade!