natural look

noahlowryfan

i need recoomendations on foundation, concealer, blush and eyeshadow that will give me a natural look. also the brushes that i should use with the products.

x___untouchable

There are so many different kinds of pure/healthy and mineral makeup even in blushes and eyeshadows, I'd check all of those out.

kare31

It's hard for me to make a recommendation without knowing your skintone, hair color, eye color, etc. but for reference here is my natural look. I'm an NC20, with light brown hair and hazel eyes.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: applied on cheeks, nose and chin with MAC 190 brush
Prescriptives concealor: applied under eyes and on red spots, dabbed on with fingers
Chantecaille loose powder: brushed on with MAC 150 brush
NARS Desire Blush: lightly swept up cheekbones with MAC 187 brush
MAC Eyeshadows in Orb (over entire lid area with 224 brush to even skin), Malt (in crease with 224 for definition), Mylar (under brow and inner corner to highlight with 224)
NARS Dolce Vita Lipstick
Shu Basic Mascara (very natural on my lashes)

Hope that helps some and hopefully you'll be able to get some more specific recommendations for your coloring.
smiles.gif

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare31
It's hard for me to make a recommendation without knowing your skintone, hair color, eye color, etc. but for reference here is my natural look. I'm an NC20, with light brown hair and hazel eyes.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: applied on cheeks, nose and chin with MAC 190 brush
Prescriptives concealor: applied under eyes and on red spots, dabbed on with fingers
Chantecaille loose powder: brushed on with MAC 150 brush
NARS Desire Blush: lightly swept up cheekbones with MAC 187 brush
MAC Eyeshadows in Orb (over entire lid area with 224 brush to even skin), Malt (in crease with 224 for definition), Mylar (under brow and inner corner to highlight with 224)
NARS Dolce Vita Lipstick
Shu Basic Mascara (very natural on my lashes)

Hope that helps some and hopefully you'll be able to get some more specific recommendations for your coloring.
smiles.gif

i have a medium skintone with yellow undertones. my skin is normal with occasional breakouts. i have black hair (its not actually black, its dark brown. it looks black but when the sun shines on it it's brown) and brown eyes.

is there a foundation brush that is similiar to MAc's 190? i don't want to spend much money on a brush.

Wattage

I wouldn't bother with the 190 to be honest... I would go straight for the 187 (more $$ I know but SO much better and versatile). It is an investment that will last for years and give you the most natural look - honestly.

I love peaches and pinks for neutral faces - pink eye shadows, etc.

My fave neutral face look consists of:

1. Clarins True Comfort in 03, with a healthy dose of moisterizer underneath. Buffed up with my 182 kabuki and a dab of blot powder in medium dark.

2. Brows lined lightly

3. Prep eye area with Mylar e/s, use either Goldenaire pig/Deckchair pig/Shimmertime pig/Melon pig on lid. Follow with In Living Pink e/s in crease, sometimes I use Apricot Pink pig. Blend well. Line lower lashline with shadow used in crease, blend with sponge. Lightly dot along upper lashline with blacktrack fluidline and angle brush. One good coat on top lashes of black mascara.

4. Finish with a good application of blushcreme (I prefer Lilicent) on the cheeks, cheekbones, lightly over the nose and chin and voila!! Natural beauty!

greengrin.gif

Brushes I use for this:

MAC 182
MAC 187
MAC 275
MAC 219

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
I wouldn't bother with the 190 to be honest... I would go straight for the 187 (more $$ I know but SO much better and versatile). It is an investment that will last for years and give you the most natural look - honestly.

I love peaches and pinks for neutral faces - pink eye shadows, etc.

My fave neutral face look consists of:

1. Clarins True Comfort in 03, with a healthy dose of moisterizer underneath. Buffed up with my 182 kabuki and a dab of blot powder in medium dark.

2. Brows lined lightly

3. Prep eye area with Mylar e/s, use either Goldenaire pig/Deckchair pig/Shimmertime pig/Melon pig on lid. Follow with In Living Pink e/s in crease, sometimes I use Apricot Pink pig. Blend well. Line lower lashline with shadow used in crease, blend with sponge. Lightly dot along upper lashline with blacktrack fluidline and angle brush. One good coat on top lashes of black mascara.

4. Finish with a good application of blushcreme (I prefer Lilicent) on the cheeks, cheekbones, lightly over the nose and chin and voila!! Natural beauty!

greengrin.gif

Brushes I use for this:

MAC 182
MAC 187
MAC 275
MAC 219

any brushes recommendation that isn't MAC or department store brands? i want something cheap and is the same quality as MAC brushes.

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
any brushes recommendation that isn't MAC or department store brands? i want something cheap and is the same quality as MAC brushes.

Well... I hate to say it but you probably won't get this. You get what you pay for - right?

All that said, I do know that Target sells Sonia Kashuk brushes, which are more affordable and of good enough quality to get the job done and last a few years. I do, however, recommend slowly investing in MAC or other high-end brushes (Nars, Bobbi Brown) over the years. Ask for one for a birthday/Christmas present. I have spent three years building my brush collection and I only have about 10 make-up brushes, all of which are extremely good quality. I attribute 70% of my improvement in technique to these good brushes.

I can completely understand that it is a hard pill to swallow. I remember the first time I bought $30 eye shadow brush, I felt so guilty.

If you are in the US, I absolutely recommend Sonia Kashuk, maybe some Japonesque brushes (although I feel these are grossly overpriced for their quality).

In Canada, Quo from Shoppers Drug Mart is OK.

Really, my honest opinion is that there are only really 3 or 4 core brushes you need. Buying them all from MAC would be just over $100. You can get away with buying maybe some eye brushes cheaper and perhaps a blush brush, but not something to apply foundation. If you don't want to buy a brush, I suggest sticking with the sponge.

Latest posts