natural looking false lashes

kimmy

i want to get some falsies like the kind Marilyn Monroe wore, the big, dramatic, but still naturally flirty lashes. i'd perfer drug store suggestions, because mac ones are just too expensive heh.

does anyone know what brand has these?

asteffey

ardell and revlon have some great options. also, if you are willing to dish out about $2 more than ardell, check out sugar lashes at sephora. i love them and they are only $7.50 and really long lasting and have a span of super creative styles.
heres a link:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ego ryId=4401

my fave are disco, but for your look i'd suggest flicker.
smiles.gif

lara

Ardell all the way. Marilyn wore mostly individuals on the outer 3rd because she had big natrual lashes, but if you have skinny lashes and want strips, just snip away at the tips until it's more of a jagged zig-zag - it'll look sort of natrually outrageously fake.
smiles.gif

LineausBH58

I like Ardell too.... If you have a Sally's near you check them out.... great lash assortment.... and cheap too... don't forget Duo glue...have FUN

kimmy

there's a sally's right down the street from me
smiles.gif
thank you everyone! i'm gonna go get some tomorrow!

ette

my grandma was actually marilyn's makeup artist LOL. she used elizabeth arden lashes on the outer third.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
my grandma was actually marilyn's makeup artist LOL. she used elizabeth arden lashes on the outer third.

Wow! You come from a great MA legacy, then.
smiles.gif
Any great stories she told you?

ette

my grandma helped create the colors for elizabeth ardens first lipsticks. and she helped formulate the 8 hour cream. she used elizabeth arden on marilyn, although marilyn's favorite line was erno lazlo. my grandma did her makeup the night of "happy birthday mr. president" and sewed her into that dress, and hundreds of other times, but that is a quite memorable one. she said she had beautiful, flawless skin. once, she was doing her makeup in her apartment (my grandma's) and the doorbell rang and marilyn asked her to go get it. when she got there, she said it was the most handsome man she has ever seen in her life. she asked him who he was and he said 'joe dimaggio' lmao she was like OMG, since that is like not knowing who the president was back in the day lol. she also did all the makeup for the beatle's press tour for the movie help!.

kimmy

wow, man.

yeah, i've read like 90 million marilyn biographical books, and EVERY one of them notes that she had a very very strict, complex skin care regimen and that she had tons of little tubs of creams and exfoliators and whatnot. also that for many of her photoshoots, they didn't even use foundation or concealor on her, just a light dusting of powder.

i envy your grandmother. i would kill to have even met marilyn just once.

Latest posts