Naturally alabaster vs Tan

ashley8119

I am naturally very very pale with blonde hair and brown eyes. I never had a problem with my skin being so fair until I got into high school where people were constantly telling me that I was "too pale" and needed to "get a tan". My skin was flawless back then.

What my skin color naturally is:
246731078_l.jpg

After hearing people constantly telling me how pale I was, I started wearing foundation that was wayyy too dark for me but it faked the appearance of a 'tan' with correct application of bronzer/blush. Constant daily use of that foundation really made me break out, so my skin isn't nearly as flawless as it used to be. When people are up close, they can see that all of the dark foundation/bronzer actually looks very heavy.

Me with the 'too dark foundation':
355341065_l.jpg

Now that I'm out of high school, I'm trying to embrace my naturally fair skin...

I want to try to get my flawless complexion back, but I don't want to be "too pale" to the point where people are constantly asking me if I'm feeling well. I never thought my skin looked sickly, but apparently, it does. Those "Casper" comments really messed with my self-esteem during those 4 years of high school...

Could somebody recommend any products that I could use where my skin can look natural but I can still look somewhat "pretty"?

BunnyBunnyBunny

Awwww. I think very pale is beautiful. I am like, sickly white. It's sort of my trademark, but I realize not everyone wants to be the ultimate ghost, hahaha.

You could try some self tanning/bronzers. You just apply some of these creams and it gradually bronzes your skin.

You could also try using some body makeups, like MAC's Sundressing line. You can spray it over your body in the morning and then blend it. It darkens and bronzes your skin, and it is also transfer resistant. Then you can wash it off later on. To have a healthy glow, you don't need to cake on some foundation. You just have to use a good all over bronzer, like maybe MAC's Golden Bronzer. It'll give you a subtle golden glow!

But I really think your fairness is beautiful. =)

tsukiyomi

Embrace your pale skin! It's very beautiful and fresh. I've never been a fan of fakey tan skin. I am porcelaine myself and I will never tan. I don't want to. I was blessed with flawless pale skin and I don't feel the need to be orange.

Beauty Mark

Well, I think your skin looks really good with your haircolor.

I would try a light blush. Usually when people are getting better from an illness, people observe that they get the color back in their cheeks. However, screw what everyone else says and look how you want.

kimmy

i think pale skin is gorgeous. maybe try some of mac mineralize skinfinishes...they'll give you a nice healthyy glow without being too much.
smiles.gif

SparklingWaves

I am fair as you. I went out with a guy in my teens that was Hispanic. Of course to him, I was "pale". He told me to go out in the sun. I tried the tanning. I literally could see the damage over night. That was sooooooooo stupid. I wish that I never did that. People that tell you that you are pale are incorrect. You are fair. There is a difference. Pale is sickly. Most of the worlds population is not fair, so they will tell you are "pale". It's not true.

Let's think about this another way. I have had animals that would literally burn if I let them out in the sun. They had crystal blue eyes and white and light yellow skin. I would never stick them out in the sun or rub orange solutions on them to attempt to make them look like my other much darker animals. They are just different. They are beautiful in their own right.

Currently, I have a deaf kitty who has cream and beige swirls on his fur. I have a black cat too. I would never dye the deaf kitty's hair or shave it and stick him in the sun. Stupid! Yet, this is exactly what fair people are doing to themselves. It's all because someone called them "pale face". This someone, Native American, happened to be of a darker complexion.

Can someone be called too dark? No! So, why is fair a crime? It isn't. It's like blonde or red hair. It glows and it's different. How many women dye their hair blonde? Millions do it. I predict that fair skin will become in Vogue again. Why? Because, it will be valued as it is - rare globally speaking.

You are like a diamond gemstone in the sea of other glorious gemstones that God created in his treasure chest of skin tones. Embrace your beauty.

frocher

Go with your natural coloring, it is beautiful. You would look great with a soft blush.

flowerhead

You look prettier pale, you have a lovely rosey glow to your skin so don't worry about looking 'pasty' - whatever that is.
I'm sick of people putting down those with fair skin, I think it's romantic and beautiful...

girlstar

I was told for all of highschool, and many years after it that I was soooo pale, why didn't I go tanning or wear fake tan.. blah blah blah. This was by girls who would sit out in the sun all summer, and go to the tanning salon in -20C weather in winter :/ I never listened, and have always embraced my whiteness
winks.gif
Now, I get mistaken for being in my early 20s, and these other girls look soo leathery, pimply, wrinkly, and old.

Fair is gorgeous, definitely embrace it
smiles.gif
ANYONE can tan, but not everyone can be porcelain skinned!! I know that I am pretty pale when I wake up, but a nice blush or, like someone already mentioned, an msf does WONDERS for making you vibrant and alive! I really like porcelain pink msf on my skin, and I've gotten tons of compliments when using it.. if you can find one on ebay for a good price, I would definitely recommend
smiles.gif

faifai

I think you definitely look better with your natural skin tone.

To get the nice complexion back, drink lots of water, avoid caffeine, take a Biotin vitamin everyday, and wear the highest SPF sunscreen/sunblock you can every single day. Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF50 or higher would be good, it leaves a light, non-greasy finish.

As for ways to not look sickly...try Fresh Ivory Dust blush. It's a highlighter/blush in one, and gives a gorgeous glow to very fair skin. It gets rave reviews on makeupalley too. If you can't find it, Wet 'n' Wild All Over Shimmer powder is the drugstore equivalent and that gets amazing reviews as well (it's also something like $20 less expensive, haha).

Wearing some rosy lipgloss, mascara, and a light shimmery shadow (I recommend NYX Chrome eyeshadows) will help brighten up your look too. Have you ever thought about darkening your haircolor as well? I think you'd look great with slightly darker hair.

Ella_

Girl you are GORGEOUS! Stick with your natural skin tone and own being fair. If you want a little more colour a nice rosey or pale pink blush, a nice lippie or gloss and some mascara and a golden eyeshadow will make you look awesome. And for days where you might want to look a little bronzey I would suggest too faced pink leopard bronzer - its perfect on us fair girls, nice and glowy without being too sparkly or orange...

righteothen

The only reason those people are telling you that you are "too pale" is because this society has this false image that tan is the only way to be. Tan is actually damaging, adds years to how a person looks, and can lead to cancer (if it's not a fake tan).

Embrace your looks. I'm fair, too, and I never think about tanning, or trying to look tan, because if I was supposed to be darker, I would have been born that way.

Now, the sickly comments. Are you getting enough sleep? I sometimes get that comment when I haven't gotten enough sleep, and I look tired (combined with fair/pale, you can see the confusion). A good concealer for dark circles, a good highlighter, and a blush are your best friends if that is the case. Just remember to get a blush that isn't over the top, because most that I see are for darker skin tones than I am.