NC or NW?

MACaddict08

How do you know? I know you look for your undertones and all that, but the last time a MAC MUA matched my color she said I was NC35, and it turned out looking orange after a week. Do you think I should try NW for the Studio Fix Fluid I'm going to purchase...or is there even much difference?

Also, does anyone know if the new Liquidlast liners are waterproof? Thanks!

carol

I'm just as confused as you are over determining NC or NW, etc. But I'd suggest going back to a store or counter to see someone else and getting a second (or third) opinion.

And yeah, the LL are pretty much bomb-proof. I had to scrub pretty hard to get those babies off my hands when I tested them.

ninabruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaddict08
Also, does anyone know if the new Liquidlast liners are waterproof? Thanks!

they're totally waterproof and you'll need something oil based to remove them

Sweet16x2

Well, NW is neutral-warm, so pinkish undertones, while NC is neutral-cool which is yellow/golden undertones. They say if you're not sure to look at the veins in your wrist. (Try to have good lighting...natural light would probably be best). If your veins look more blueish, then you probably have pink undertones. If they look more greenish, then you have yellow. Hope this helps! Of course, I would have another color match to be sure.

MACaddict08

Awesome, I'm going to try the LL! So do you think if I would get the NW instead of NC this time, there would be a noticeable difference?

maxcat

The whole problem with issuing an NC or NW is that the color of your skin is problem numero uno... closely followed by how that particular colour works in the formulation... so with the studio fix I might even explain what happened last time and ask for a sample b/c I know the studio fix liquid colours work differently.
Liquidlast is AMAZING (I now have FIVE!) but get the cleanse off oil. Comes off in a flash, rinses clean, won't bug your eyes, nothing breaks makeup down like it.

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet16x2
Well, NW is neutral-warm, so pinkish undertones, while NC is neutral-cool which is yellow/golden undertones. They say if you're not sure to look at the veins in your wrist. (Try to have good lighting...natural light would probably be best). If your veins look more blueish, then you probably have pink undertones. If they look more greenish, then you have yellow. Hope this helps! Of course, I would have another color match to be sure.

It's funny, because I was told at MAC that these mean "not-warm" and "not-cool"
th_dunno.gif

Personally, my advice to you is to get samples of both NC and NW. Take them home and try them out. MAC's foundations just don't work for me. NC is too yellow and NW is too pink. I have completely given up on trying to find something of theirs that works. They really need to change their formulations and coding systems, imo.

pumpkincat210

did you try the silver gold trick? If you look best in gold you are warm.. or nc..
If you look best in silver you are cool or nw..

also if you are turning orange try a lighter color in the same nc family.

Latest posts