Need a ladie's touch........

user5

Hi, just wondering, I want to get my wife a gift, but don't really have a clue when it comes to makeup. I normally go shopping with her, but never pay attention to what she gets or looks at.....now I kinda wished I did cause I have no clue what to get. So I joined this site to get some insight on what females like, but really all I know is that she looves mac. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed. Thanks!

pumpkincat210

You should get her a m.a.c. Nordstrom exclusive eye or lip palette.
I would love it if my guy also got me a 187 duo fibre brush. Or any mac brush, but the 187 is loooove.
What is her coloring- eye color, (skin-fair, medium, dark and ethnicity)

user5

ok, she's brown eyes, freckles, light, kinda tan asian and mexican skin, and she's mixed. <===Does that really matter?

lara

Gift certificate. Trust me on this one - just buy a certificate and save yourself a whole world of pain.

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Gift certificate. Trust me on this one - just buy a certificate and save yourself a whole world of pain.

I agree! You don't want to get her something that she doesn't like or wouldn't use. By giving her a gift certificate, she will be able to pick and choose what she likes.

maxcat

I wholeheartedly second that. It will be impossible for you to pick out exaclty the right thing... makeup is really pretty complicated and more personal than lingerie.
Suggestion though - if she loves MAC, then buy her a gift certificate and make an appointment for her. The appointment (full makeup application, teaching, face chart) costs $40 - and if you make it at a MAC counter in a department store then she gets to spend the $$ on MAC stuff that she's played with. If it's a major "spoil her" gift I reccomend $100-150. You can check out prices at www.maccosmetics.com.
But bless your heart for signing up here to find out more about something she's really into ! That's really great of you.

user5

A gift certificate was actually my first thought, but I'm always just giving her either cash or a gift certificate, so I thought I'd try something a little more specific, but you guys are right.....she's the type of person that if you give her something, even if she doesn't like it - she'll either use it, or just never get rid of it so she doesn't hurt your feelings! lol I think I'll just do the gift cert. and that appt idea, sounds great, can I do that on the website, or do I just go to the store and set it there? Thanks!

xmrsvindieselx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_red
A gift certificate was actually my first thought, but I'm always just giving her either cash or a gift certificate, so I thought I'd try something a little more specific, but you guys are right.....she's the type of person that if you give her something, even if she doesn't like it - she'll either use it, or just never get rid of it so she doesn't hurt your feelings! lol I think I'll just do the gift cert. and that appt idea, sounds great, can I do that on the website, or do I just go to the store and set it there? Thanks!

you can go right to mac and let them know..I think this is so sweet of you! You are deffinatly an A++ in my book!:thumbsup:

Another Janice!

Quote:
you can go right to mac and let them know..I think this is so sweet of you! You are deffinatly an A++ in my book!

I agree!! I like you already!

antirazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmrsvindieselx
you can go right to mac and let them know..I think this is so sweet of you! You are deffinatly an A++ in my book!:thumbsup:

I have a question. Can you make an appointment without going in? I want to take my sister after technacolour comes out, but I want to take her to the pro store in fashion valley, which is a good hours drive from here.

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by antirazor
I have a question. Can you make an appointment without going in? I want to take my sister after technacolour comes out, but I want to take her to the pro store in fashion valley, which is a good hours drive from here.

Call ahead and book an appointment. Also in the PRO stores the cost of the app. is $40 and you get a free mascara (as opposed to the dept store deal where you get to spend the $40 on MAC stuff - the stand alone and pro stores have private treatment rooms whereas in Nordies we're asking you to get something quite personal done in public.

Katura

oooh Cheif! You seem like such agreat guy!!!!

I'd die of happiness if I found my guy doing something like this!

lvgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
oooh Cheif! You seem like such agreat guy!!!!

I'd die of happiness if I found my guy doing something like this!

my guy got me a 100$ gift cert. to macys.. to buy makeup and coach. YEAHhhhh hahah

a gift certificate wouldnt hurt.
if you want to put more thought into it, like makeup makeup... then go through the stuff she has right now, get a feel for the colors she likes.. and make sure you dont get her the same ones

user5

clap.gif
Thank you ladies, so much! I actually did the gift certificate thing, and instead of just that and the appt, I took her makeup box when she wasn't looking, stuffed it in my car and took it to the mac counter when i went to schedule the appt. the girls there couldn't believe all the 'Good Stuff' she has, and even said they were jealous! haha I guess my wife has some good taste? lol well they picked out a couple of things for me and said that hopefully she would like them just as much....I don't know. But thank you for all your help and compliments!!!!
soapbox.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_red
clap.gif
Thank you ladies, so much! I actually did the gift certificate thing, and instead of just that and the appt, I took her makeup box when she wasn't looking, stuffed it in my car and took it to the mac counter when i went to schedule the appt. the girls there couldn't believe all the 'Good Stuff' she has, and even said they were jealous! haha I guess my wife has some good taste? lol well they picked out a couple of things for me and said that hopefully she would like them just as much....I don't know. But thank you for all your help and compliments!!!!
soapbox.gif

jawdrop.gif
Wow, that is freakin' awesome!!!
th_worship.gif

urock.gif

queenofdisaster

my hubby hates shopping with me... but id love for him to take me to a counter or to a cco when we go on vacation. shopping for mac WITH my husband would be heaven. hehe!

Ambonee

You are so thoughtful! My boyfriend won't even walk into a MAC store without cringing!! You are such a kick ass husband! She's lucky to have you
clap.gif
Let us know how she liked the gift!
wavey.gif

Luxurious

i would like a brush set. everyone needs one, or 187 and 182 brushes are awesome. or go shopping with her and buy her things she want. gift certificate is the best choice and everygirl can do something with it and can choose things by herself
smiles.gif

Latest posts