Need Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick/Shimmer Ink help!

AudreyNicole

I am a MAC girl at heart, but I am very intrigued by BB Shimmerbricks and Shimmer Ink eyeliners. I have 5 MAC fluidlines, and 4 MAC MSFs but I still want to try out BB. I am unsure which Shimmerbrick I should choose... I am NW15 blonde/blue with pink undertones. Most often, I wear a light rosey blush (non-mac). It's not really pink, but not brown either. I have MSFs in PP, Shimpagne, Lightscapade
eyelove.gif
, and Shooting Star. I was thinking Brownie, Pink or Gold Shimmerbricks. I don't want anything BRIGHT pink. Which would you recommend?

And as far as the eyeliners... I am really only interested in the Shimmer Inks. Specifically Sapphire, Bronze, and Chocolate. How do they compare in color to Waveline, Rich Ground and Graphic Brown (my HG) fluidlines? Is the shimmer obvious? More or less so than MAC's shimmery fluidlines? I am having a hard time finding swatches online. I can find pictures of the actual product, but not what they look like on the skin... TIA!
smiles.gif

Vicky88

I think the Pink shimmerbrick if your best bet! It's quite a muted shade but it's still very pinky.

But the gold one is gorgeous... <3

CaptainMac

I can't help you with the shimmerbrick question but as far as the gel inks go, here's what I think. I don't have bronze or Graphic Brown but I have sapphire shimmer and chocolate shimmer. By themselves, I wouldn't describe them as having very noticeable shimmer--to me it leaves more of a metallic-like finish. But saphire compared to waveline, I think it's noticeable that waveline has more of a flat finish. I don't have Waveline but I've swatched it many times and never got it because I didn't like how flat it looked.
If you're not in a rush to buy them, I can swatch Chocolate shimmer, Sapphire shimmer, and Graphic Brown for you Monday night or Tuesday when I'm not at work. And if the computer at home gets fixed!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMac
I can't help you with the shimmerbrick question but as far as the gel inks go, here's what I think. I don't have bronze or Graphic Brown but I have sapphire shimmer and chocolate shimmer. By themselves, I wouldn't describe them as having very noticeable shimmer--to me it leaves more of a metallic-like finish. But saphire compared to waveline, I think it's noticeable that waveline has more of a flat finish. I don't have Waveline but I've swatched it many times and never got it because I didn't like how flat it looked.
If you're not in a rush to buy them, I can swatch Chocolate shimmer, Sapphire shimmer, and Graphic Brown for you Monday night or Tuesday when I'm not at work. And if the computer at home gets fixed!

Ohhh, that would be perfect! Thank you ladies!
smiles.gif

CaptainMac

okay, unfortunately it will be a little later than Monday or Tuesday--the computer at home is broken but we're ordering a new one Monday. I can't upload the pictures here at work. Buuut, once the new computer arrives it'll be first on my list.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
okay, unfortunately it will be a little later than Monday or Tuesday--the computer at home is broken but we're ordering a new one Monday. I can't upload the pictures here at work. Buuut, once the new computer arrives it'll be first on my list.

Awww, thank you!
smiles.gif

Rowan

I love the Bronze & Chocolate gel liners. I can't compare Chocolate to Graphic Brown, but Bronze is not similar to the Fluidlines you mentioned. ITA w/ Captain Mac that the shimmer gel liners from BB are subtly metallic rather than actually shimmery.

I think Brownie Shimmerbrick would look great on you. You might even be able to use the separate strips as e/s too.

jenii

I have Pink and Apricot shimmerbricks. Both colors are sheer, so don't worry about that. But, I find myself reaching for Apricot a lot more often.

If you've got a Porcelain Pink already, I'd suggest going for the Apricot shimmerbrick. They're both nice, but one pink is enough, IMO.

CaptainMac

okay, I haven't posted a picture on here in forever, so this might take me a couple of tries.

From left to right: Mac Dipdown, BB Chocolate, BB Sapphire, BB Ivy
cimg0116ej1.jpg

Like I said before, when it's on the eye I think the shimmers just give a more metallic look but when I'm looking at them on my hand in real life I can see the shimmers the most in Chocolate, next Ivy, and in Sappire the least.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
okay, I haven't posted a picture on here in forever, so this might take me a couple of tries.

From left to right: Mac Dipdown, BB Chocolate, BB Sapphire, BB Ivy
cimg0116ej1.jpg

Like I said before, when it's on the eye I think the shimmers just give a more metallic look but when I'm looking at them on my hand in real life I can see the shimmers the most in Chocolate, next Ivy, and in Sappire the least.

Oh! Thank you SO much! I NEED these liners! Sapphire and Chocolate are GORGEOUS!
eyelove.gif