Need eyeshadow combo rec's based off my pic

Vagus

I'm in a serious inspiration rut. I'm going to be adding to my eyeshadow palette pretty soon and I don't want to buy pretty colors that aren't flattering on my lids. I was matched to NC25 in MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation and for some reason, neutral shadows pull very cool on my lids. For example, MAC Copperplate looks very neutral gray in the pan but, on my lids, it appears more lavendar.
Shroom is another cult favorite but it just looked to stark. I can't tell you exactly what is wrong about it, it just doesn't look right on my skin tone.

When I go in to MAC I feel like they are suggesting shadows that they personally like without actually taking my features and skin tone into consideration.

These shadows are what I have to work with:

{All MAC Products,btw}

Carbon, Signed sealed, smut, copperplate, embark, shroom, patina, woodwinked, sumptous olive

Pigments I have are: goldenaire, melon, jigs & jive, lithe, pink bronze, copperbeam, teatime, antique gold, heritage rough, museun bronze.

i'd love to hear any eyeshadow suggestions you have based off my pic

Thank you so much!

shellygrrl

Staff member
If Copperplate runs cooler on you, maybe pair it with Smut? (Copperplate on lid, Smut in outer corner and crease.)

tiramisu

I am an NC20 so i thought I'd add my two cents-- but I have golden blonde hair and more neutral undertones. That said, since you mentioned the neutral shades come off cool on you, have you considered shades like Soft Brown and Swiss Chocolate? How about Sable, or Mulch? These colors look amazing on. Perhaps give them a shot (especially the first two!) They are very warm brown shades; I love them for everyday.

As far as shroom goes-- I've had better luck with Brule. Hth a bit. I've found when I'm looking for inspiration, I do best to seek out flattering everyday shades. Otherwise I am like a moth to a flame with the brighter, wilder colors that end up collecting dust (they look pretty in the pan tho! :))

StyleBlack

I'm in a serious inspiration rut. I'm going to be adding to my eyeshadow palette pretty soon and I don't want to buy pretty colors that aren't flattering on my lids. I was matched to NC25 in MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation and for some reason, neutral shadows pull very cool on my lids. For example, MAC Copperplate looks very neutral gray in the pan but, on my lids, it appears more lavendar.
Shroom is another cult favorite but it just looked to stark. I can't tell you exactly what is wrong about it, it just doesn't look right on my skin tone.

When I go in to MAC I feel like they are suggesting shadows that they personally like without actually taking my features and skin tone into consideration.

These shadows are what I have to work with:

{All MAC Products,btw}

Carbon, Signed sealed, smut, copperplate, embark, shroom, patina, woodwinked, sumptous olive

Pigments I have are: goldenaire, melon, jigs & jive, lithe, pink bronze, copperbeam, teatime, antique gold, heritage rough, museun bronze.

i'd love to hear any eyeshadow suggestions you have based off my pic

Thank you so much!
Do you use a paint pot before applying eye shadow? That might help neutralize your lids and keep the eye shadow colour more true. Check out painterly or soft ochre.

I think you'd look nice in humid, fig.1, or nocturnelle, esp to add some colour to your palette. Also check out antiqued, carefree (it's a prolongwear shadow, but not stark like shroom), and plumage. It's a nice deep shade, but with your hair colour, I think it would be flattering.

Vagus

Thanks for the suggestions!

I have tried to pair copperplate on the lid with smut in the crease and it still appears very lavender.

I use Painterly every day and love it.

StyleBlack, how can I purchase pro products? These aren't available at free-standing MAC stores, right?

tirimisu, good advice. I'm just drawn to cooler shades in such a way that I ignore all past experience that proved they do not work for me. I actually use MAC blush in Blunt for my crease which I think is the similar medium warm brown that Swiss Chocolate is and it is really flattering.

So far I have a couple of combinations that I feel don't just look nice, but are actually truly flattering.
* Museum Bronze on the lid, a touch of Heritage Rouge in the crease, with Signed Sealed to deepen the crease and outer corner.
* Lithe pig. on the lid, blush Blunt in the crease for a natural look

If you have any other ideas, I'd apprecieate it!

Thanks beautiful posters