Need foundation/concealer with more coverage!

mandalinn

So I am new to the MAC world, but loving it totally! I went from BE Medium to the MAC Studio Fix powder in C3 (I actually think I might need to get a bit darker one now though).

I would like to get one with a bit more coverage for certain days, maybe the SFF?? Which shade though?

Also I am using the Select Moisturecover in NC20, but I am not wow'd by it. Is the Select Cover-up or Studio Stick better?

I know I should just go to the store, but I am home sick and was thinking of placing an online order.
lol.gif

Manda

ette

SFF you would be NC25 or NC30, you might want to try it on. The foundation darkens on skin, so you definently should try it on.
I would reccomend Studio Finish Concealer.

bellaetoile

studio fix fluid is amazing. you can wear it sheer by mixing it with a moisturizer or strobe cream, or you can layer it on over prep and prime face, and keep layering it, for buildable coverage. on a HORRIBLE skin day, i even used both studio fix fluid, with studio fix powder over it.

however, studio fix fluid is kind of tricky, with its coloring, i'm normally an nc42 in studio fix, and i was an nc37 in studio fix fluid last spring, though i have gone two shades darker now that it's summer and i'm more tan. still, i've heard several people mention that the shade range is slightly off, so i'd recommend going to the counter, and even asking for a sample, if possible. that way, you can see how it looks on your skin, before you purchase the whole bottle. i love SFF, i use it almost daily.

kimmy

have an MA try a few different shades of SFF on you. SFF is my HG foundation, seriously. i quit wearing foundation for a long time because i couldn't find a good one, so i just bore my terrible unevenly toned skin to the world...that's how anti-foundation i was. then..i tried some SFF and OMG! i'm back to wearing foundation on a regular basis, it covers up every single little blemish, it hides all scars, and gives you a perfectly even skin tone, and it finishes off very matte so you don't really have to use a powder if you don't want to.

definately check that out, it's amazing.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
have an MA try a few different shades of SFF on you. SFF is my HG foundation, seriously. i quit wearing foundation for a long time because i couldn't find a good one, so i just bore my terrible unevenly toned skin to the world...that's how anti-foundation i was. then..i tried some SFF and OMG! i'm back to wearing foundation on a regular basis, it covers up every single little blemish, it hides all scars, and gives you a perfectly even skin tone, and it finishes off very matte so you don't really have to use a powder if you don't want to.

definately check that out, it's amazing.

so if it covers blemishes and scars, do i still need to buy a concealer? i'm thinking about buying SFF and i don't want to buy a concealer if SFF covers blemishes and scars.

d_flawless

i have yet to try SFF but i love the studio stick on days i feel like i need more coverage. it looks natural enough that i don't have to wear it all over, only on spots i need. normally i wear select SPF 15, which IMO is pretty sheer, but studio stick def. covers great, i also use it as a light concealer
smiles.gif

Whitney Costner

I'm also a C3 in Studio Fix...

I've found that I'm an NC20 in Studio Fix Fluid. And I never use concealer with it. The coverage is so good, you don't even need to bother with concealer! I use Blot Powder in Medium Dark with it. But I think I'll hunt for a powder that's a little finer milled texture...

Latest posts