Need help and need to buy

aeni

My actor who got his headshots has been giving me props to other actors. Being Univ of AZ, we have few African American actors and no Asians (which is amazing to me as we have more Asians on campus). Anyways, an African American junior approached me about pricing and while I was talking to her about it - I came to realize that I have nothing for her skintone besides Ben Nye cremes and cakes - and they may be too light!

http://photos-044.ak.facebook.com/ip...33044_4042.jpg

If she chooses to go with me for her headshots, I want to make her look beautiful. I need more ages and ethnicities in my portfolio, and I'd love to have her at the forefront. What should I buy? She has lovely skin and I love the shine - should I look into aerosols (the mists, ERA), airbrushing, or just Bare Minerals?

ebonyannette

I am really dark NW55 you can try Studio Tech in NW60 if she is darker than me, I cant see the pic cause my job blocks it. The Sutdio Tech is med-full coverage but it will still look good on her skin.

I like the Studio Mist in Deep Dark, what you can do is get some samples from your MAC store, of SFF you can try a couple of shades.

BinkysBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
My actor who got his headshots has been giving me props to other actors. Being Univ of AZ, we have few African American actors and no Asians (which is amazing to me as we have more Asians on campus). Anyways, an African American junior approached me about pricing and while I was talking to her about it - I came to realize that I have nothing for her skintone besides Ben Nye cremes and cakes - and they may be too light!

http://photos-044.ak.facebook.com/ip...33044_4042.jpg

If she chooses to go with me for her headshots, I want to make her look beautiful. I need more ages and ethnicities in my portfolio, and I'd love to have her at the forefront. What should I buy? She has lovely skin and I love the shine - should I look into aerosols (the mists, ERA), airbrushing, or just Bare Minerals?

She's a beautiful girl so she will not need much. I'm a NW 45 in MAC but I have a great suggestion. Becca has a beautiful line and the foundation looks great on dark skin. I'm not familar with mist or airbrushing but Bare Minerals did not work for me. The color was too light and did not match my complexion and I think that the coverage would be very minimal for a photo shoot. I like MAC studio tech but it is heavy and with me, I need to powder frequently because it is so oily.

toby1

If she's not wearing any foundation in that picture then she really doesn't need much coverage. The MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark with Deep Dark for contouring would probably work and maybe just use a little concealor where needed..hths

captodometer

I'm an NC50 or C7 in MAC Studiofix. Maybe one of those plus blot powder in Dark? I also love the MSF Natural in Dark; nice sheer coverage with a slightly matte finish. Very good for someone who is only trying to even out their skin tone, and not conceal a blemish. Her skin looks almost perfect; she doesn't need much coverage.

Latest posts