Need help with identifying brushes with thier uses

hundove

Hello all,
I've bought a whole set of application brushes (not MAc)but do not know what each one is for?
Do you all know?
What brush is for the crease? lids? highlighter? drawing shape? eyeliner? lipstick? blending? What is the angled stiff brush for? What about the pointy brush?
Any hlep is greatly appreciated!

hundove

Sorry for replying late. I am posting some images of similar brushes to the ones I have. I got mines from walmart. It was a holiday brush kit which is manufactured by walmart. I couldn't find pics for all the ones i have, but i have two big brushes, i know one is for the blush nad the bigger one is for applying powder?
Sorry, i don't know how to post pics directly yet without linking.
http://www.profaces.com/products/gra..._contour_b.jpg
I have a brush with stiff bristles that looks like this but is angled: http://www.bellamiabride.com/merchan...Flat_liner.jpg

How does the eyeliner brush look like, what about the lipliner brush, and blending brush? What do they look like?

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundove
Sorry for replying late. I am posting some images of similar brushes to the ones I have. I got mines from walmart. It was a holiday brush kit which is manufactured by walmart. I couldn't find pics for all the ones i have, but i have two big brushes, i know one is for the blush nad the bigger one is for applying powder?
Sorry, i don't know how to post pics directly yet without linking.
I have a brush with stiff bristles that looks like this but is angled: http://www.bellamiabride.com/merchan...Flat_liner.jpg

How does the eyeliner brush look like, what about the lipliner brush, and blending brush? What do they look like?

well, you're right about the 2 big brushes - one is for blush and the other is for powder. the first two pictures look like normal eyeshadow brushes to me, but yet the links say "contouring" so i also assume it's for that.

the brush with the stiff bristles that's angled sounds like an angled eyelining brush or a brush that's used to define your brows.

lara

Quote:
Anyone know what a blending brush looks like?

A blending brush, be it for eyes or face, will be quite soft and a little bit 'fluffy' - generally they don't have the bristle strength or coarseness of an eyeshadow brush.

If in doubt, swipe your brushes in a brightly pigmented colour and apply the colour to the inside of your wrist - if the colour is dense and defined, then it's an eyeshadow brush. If the colour is more of a light wash and is soft around the edges, it's a blending brush.

Hope this helps!

cammie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundove
Sorry for replying late. I am posting some images of similar brushes to the ones I have. I got mines from walmart. It was a holiday brush kit which is manufactured by walmart.

I'm not sure if this is the same as what you have, but this is the brush kit that I picked up at Wal-mart right after Christmas (How could I not for 4 bucks?):

If it is what you have, I can take more detailed photos of each brush so that everyone will have an easier time answering your questions.
smiles.gif

hundove

Yes, Cammie, this is the same one i've got!
wavey.gif

Thanks so much for the pic!
Same here, I've got it right after Christmas,lol, for less than $4.
I was also able to get a pic of the one I have. I have put some of the burshes i have attached with this post. I'll post the rest in the following post.

hundove

Here are the rest of the brushes and my whole brush set.
by the way, Cammie, are those good brushes? do you use them regularly to apply your makeup?

cammie

Makeup is a bit limited with my new baby, but I have used some of them. I have no MAC brushes, so I can't compare these to those. Maybe one day...
smiles.gif

The powder brush worked fine and I didn't find it to be at all scratchy, but I prefer a powder brush with a larger head, so I don't use it much. The blush brush works fine and I use it somewhat regularly, because I like having a brush for each of my powder blushes (all 4 of them LOL). I don't use it with my highly pigmented blush though, because I think it would deposit too much color. I haven't figured out what to use the flat-top brush with yet. I think the fan brush might work for highlighters :?: , but I haven't used it brush myself yet.

The spoolie gets regular use, as does the comb/brush. No issues with either one. The sponge-tip is great if you prefer long-handled brushes for everything. I'm glad it's there, because it is useful but it's not the sort of "brush" I'd be willing to shell out lots of cash for. The white flatliner is quite workable if you prefer the horizontal edge, but I prefer an angled version of this one. I'm bad with eyeshadow, but I use the larger fluffy eyeshadow brush to lay on a soft wash of color, and it does a good job at that. That's probably not what it's actually for though.
winks.gif
I don't have the angled one that your set appears to have. I have a much smaller version of the regular fluffy headed one. I have no idea what it would be good for, as it's very small.

I don't do lipstick, so I haven't used those brushes at all.

I may have missed some, there, but for $4 (or less than $4), I think it was worth it.

eta: The first time I washed them, the larger brushes shed. The flat top brush shed insane amounts of hair. However, there weren't any weird smells or dyes leaking out from the hairs.

hundove

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
A blending brush, be it for eyes or face, will be quite soft and a little bit 'fluffy' - generally they don't have the bristle strength or coarseness of an eyeshadow brush.

If in doubt, swipe your brushes in a brightly pigmented colour and apply the colour to the inside of your wrist - if the colour is dense and defined, then it's an eyeshadow brush. If the colour is more of a light wash and is soft around the edges, it's a blending brush.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much, Lara! i'm sorry for not seeing your post earlier.

hundove

Thanks so much for the help, cammie!
Is there a blending brush in the kit?
Good luck with your baby and Congrats!

Latest posts