need look recs [pictures included]

azrael2455

i've just started using makeup, and i have no idea what looks good and what doesn't. i guess a look i'm trying to go for is a natural, sweet innocent kind of look? -any- kind of help is welcome. I usually have my hair tied up..

oh, and i was reading about pigments, any recs for me?

me-1.jpg

that's me inside..

tinaoutside2.jpg

and this is me outside.

tinaoutside.jpg

and again.

cloverette

i think, for a neutral look, BRULE would look great on you as a wash, & ESPRESSO lightly in the crease & as a liner (cleanly smudged)... i use this combo, too, when i want a nice, clean, neutral look.

other useful/neutral/all-rounder colors: WOODWINKED, MOTIF, SABLE, SATIN TAUPE, VEX, PATINA, NAKED LUNCH, JEST.

a must-have pigment is VANILLA. PINK OPAL & MELON are very nice, as well. you might also want to look at TAN, which lots of people love, but i can't really befriend it...

kimmy

you are adorable!

i think Teddy e/k would look really pretty on the upper lid if you smudge the line to make it kind of smoky but not too dramatic. and maybe some Instant Gold l/g too
smiles.gif
you might want to try Margin blush or a bronzer as well.

Raerae

Just starting out? I'd go for something really simple...

Since your on these boards, i'm gonna say, go to a MAC counter, and get matched to a foundation.

I'd prolly start off with a powder based foundation, as it's easier to apply than a liquid foundation when your just starting out. Plus your skin already looks really good in your photo's, so you dont really need heavy coverage. Maybe a concelor as well.

Get a cute little blush, or maybe even one of the MSF's from the Allure collection.

Get a eyeliner pencil (i like black myself, but brown will prolly be easier to start off with) and some mascara from your local drugstore (i dont think mascara lasts long enough or really looks all that different to justify a high end brand, they all clump). I'd prolly get one of the simple 1 step application mascara's in brown or black depending on the color of liner you bought.

To start with, thats really all you need imho. If you have 0 makeup at all, just the above with brushes will probably run over $100.00 But just those few things will go a long way towards improving your appearance. Eyeliner + Mascara is amazing heh. And a little blush can really give you a wide range of appearances depending on the application. And of course foundation for evening skin tone, covering blemishe's, circles under the eyes, etc.

Thats what I started with, and what I recommend to my friends who want to learn more but dont have much expierence. It's really easy to get fustrated when your just learning, so thats why I say get good @ the basics and once your comfortable with that, work on things like eye shadows.

azrael2455

thanks for your help! i think i'll be getting a concealor and the teddy e/k and perhaps a pigment. ^^ im happy there's a MAC store near my place.

one more question though: are there any other ways to get pigment samples since i can't pay online.. nor do i know how to swap or any of those things.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael2455
thanks for your help! i think i'll be getting a concealor and the teddy e/k and perhaps a pigment. ^^ im happy there's a MAC store near my place.

one more question though: are there any other ways to get pigment samples since i can't pay online.. nor do i know how to swap or any of those things.

You have a foundation right? Cuz concealor is hard to work with w/out it heh.

For your eyes if you wanna get started applying stuff to your lids, ask one of the MA's to help you. They can show you a look that has the colors your interested in wearing, as well as teach you how to apply it at the counter.

azrael2455

would a tinted moisturizer work? i got a bag of goodies from my friends from my birthday and i'm having fun playing around.

i'm not trying too much to get the bright eye colour looks really,
winks.gif
trying to show off the young, youthful skin while i still can.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael2455
would a tinted moisturizer work? i got a bag of goodies from my friends from my birthday and i'm having fun playing around.

i'm not trying too much to get the bright eye colour looks really,
winks.gif
trying to show off the young, youthful skin while i still can.

Not sure on the tinted moisturizer, but I doubt it.

As far as colors, there are lots of colors, doesn't mean they have to be bright. Colors come in neutral shades too
winks.gif
And there are lots of those.

What do you already own. And what are you looking to spend? If we knew that, I think the peeps here would be better able to help yah out. Cuz right now were kinda guessing
winks.gif

azrael2455

sorry for my late reply! i was out with my family =)

hmm.. what do i own:
some eyeliners from bonnebell.. dejavu fiberwig mascara and.. kate super sharp eyeliner...

red earth:
2 loose powder
[PU120 (shimmery lilac), BE132 (..face coloured..)]
2 blushes
[PK031 (matte pink), CI030 (apple red)]
one loose eyeshadow
[GR008 (dark olive green)]
3 eyeshadows
[MS108 (bright sparkley yellow), CI086 (orange shimmer), PK105 (hot pink shimmer)]
2 eyeshadow sets
[PK034 (pink trio), GR034 (green+blue trio)]
2 lipglosses
[MS016 (white sparkle), PU033 (shimmery fuchsia)]
2 lipglazes
[PK002 (darker pink?), MS001 (light pink?)]
one foundation
[creamy foundation in 1]
one blush brush

um.. tilt, fade, and jest MAC eyeshadows and.. studio stick concealer in NC30. oh also sing and dance and lust lipglasses. =) got the concealer yesturday!

hmm.. and nars duo eyeshadow in all about eve.. someone gave me that today.

o__o i actually have -that- much stuff lying around?!

i'm willing to spend say, around $50 or so. im looking for something i guess that'll help me look more awake and radiant since im always up late doing homework and studying.. ^^";; got to be a good student!

Latest posts