Need some fashion advice? Watch this video...

spectrolite

OMG funny stuff!!
rofl.gif
Ostrich feathers anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5cS07X06VY

kaliraksha

Haha this is awesome... I absolutely love this video now. "In shopping you will find that your eye is drawn to what you like" hum.......... I didn't know! Thank you Brenda Dickson!

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
It ended right at the makeup part I was just getting interested =(

If you look at the panel on the right you can click on Part 2 where Brenda teaches you how to apply makeup and tells you what to eat!

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
oh dear god.
what were the people in the 80's THINKING?

I was there...you have NO idea...lacquered furniture and colored acid washed jeans, anyone??
lmao.gif

Everyone dressed like they were extras on "Dallas." All that beading and metallic crap....ewww!!

medusalox

OH MAN. That's just priceless! What was that video made for?! It reminded me a bit of those videos they show in health class in HS...
lmao.gif

LineausBH58

haa haa... "Leather is Always great" "Snake and jeans are a great look"
"The puff sleeves really make this dress" are my fav. lines... lol

jenii

"In shopping, you'll find that your eye will be drawn to the things that you like."

WTF else would your eye be drawn to??
lol.gif

MAC_Whore

I think Brenda liked Brenda a bit too much. "The neckline makes this dress. It looks good on me"

"I use pink and orange blush, but you can use tan or burgundy or.." Or whatever colour she says. Oh Brenda, can I?

"These are the kind of shoes you can wear anywhere." and later: "here are those classic shoes"
Those are white pumps. Not so much with the classic.

Mmmmmmm "oily base makeup" . Ohhhh, I want some.

We don't conceal under the eyes in the eighties, apparently we "highlight".

"This look is much softer...I back-combed my hair for fullness".
Back-comb for fullness and softer are pretty much mutually exclusive.

You see this is why I gag at 80s trends like leggings coming back!

Ok....I am off to watch part II. Just remember:

"These....are bugle beads"

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineausBH58
haa haa... "Leather is Always great" ...

Yeah! She even says it is great for shopping. I am going to throw on some snake boots, jeans and leather and head to Safeway. God, I will look HOT in the produce aisle!

I am going to straddle some lettuce and dance around like I'm in a Whitesnake video!!

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Yeah! God, I will look HOT in the produce aisle!

oh my god...I'm rolling on the floor!

and when she practically yells "WELL HELLO" a couple times in the begining, it sooo ridiculous!

ms.marymac

Holy shoulder pads, Batman! What about that black dress with all the bells & whistles? "This is a simple dress."
rofl.gif

MAC_Whore

Wow. Part II. Equally bad. Man, people got some crap advice on diet and exercise back then.

"Women shouldn't have any milk products, they cause cellulite"

That protein shake was predominately carbs and sugar! But it holds her over, even if she runs a whole mile.

"I know it seems strict, so try to eat this way 3 days a week." Oh man, if women followed that advice, they must have been so frusterated at the lack of results!

What was the "fruit is pre-digested" thing? Cuz in my book, pre-digested fruit is called vomit.
puke.gif

I like the comment about being too busy to go to the gym, so she works out at home. Riddle me this...for someone who has "no time" doesn't she look like she took 30 min to get into the makeup, leotard, tights, leg warmers, poofy doo, and headband?

Blllllaa! What bad advice.

The saddest thing of all was poor Snowy the cat and Charles the dog. I think I actually saw Charles the dog mouthe the words, "Please help me"

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
.....and when she practically yells "WELL HELLO" a couple times in the begining, it sooo ridiculous!

Yeah, not so hot with the hosting. She seemed like she forgot where she was a couple of times, but she was the exec producer, writer, director and star.

Oh, and thanks for the pic, Katura. I should make that my avatar!!

I know I am cracking wise and busting on this video, but I will totally admit to having my eighties skeletons too. I was a pre-teen/teenager in the mid to late eighties, so I had my share of "eighties scaries". Nothing says akward and fashion mistake like eighties and teenager!
lol.gif

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexnerdsx
HOW MANY FRICKIN RED BOOTS CAN YOU HAVE
icon_eek.gif

I noticed that! Some were kind of cute...

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
....Some were kind of cute...

I thought so too.

Oooohh wow. I felt kind of dirty and ashamed as I just typed that.
lol.gif

ilovexnerdsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I thought so too.

Oooohh wow. I felt kind of dirty and ashamed as I just typed that.
lol.gif

no its cool! i thought her green dress near the beginning was hot. i'd rock it
smiles.gif