Neutral look recommendations...

fairytale22

This weekend my friend wants me to help her come up with a pretty look for a semi-formal birthday party. Her skin tone is really similar to Halle Berry's, just a little bit darker. Anyone have good recommendations?

Me220

I have recently discovered the joys of Ambering Rose blush. On a fairer complexion, you need a lighter hand, but it's really pretty.

devin

you could use soba or era on the lid, if you want more shimmer or shine use woodwinked, honesty or honeylust. cork or brown down in the crease and orb or retrospeck as the highlight. on the cheeks tantone and the lips hodgepodge, underplay and mad cap or beaux lustreglass. that would be pretty neutral.

ebonyannette

^ I love Soba!
Also try Patina or Satin Taupe those are gorgeous shades. I saw an FOTD using Wedge in the crease and it was FABULOUS. Espresso for brows and or liner.
I love peachtwist blush it gives the slightest hint of color/shimmer.
I like Spite l/g for nude lips
Good Luck!

fairytale22

Looks like I'll have to get Soba...I also have Mulch and Satin Taupe...do you think Shroom may work as a highlight?

ebonyannette

Im still trying to decide between highlighting shades also, Shroom Ricepaper and Naked Lunch are the choices Im trying to decide between.

I love Soba, I just did a look today Im pretty happy with, it might be too dark for what your going for but I did carbon on the lid with Brun in the crease and went over Brun with Espresso and highlighted with Soba it looks adorable. Maybe something like that in lighter colors
So maybe Brun or Espresso on the lid with Wedge or Brown Down in the crease and Shroom to highlight?
Let us know what you come up with

Latest posts