New and needing help!

Well, technically, I'm not all that new since I've been lurking for a while.
Here's my request: I really need help finding the right eyeshadow brush.
MAs intimidate me when I go to the counters since they treat me like a teenager and lately I've been pretty self-conscious because of how I've been applying my eye makeup. I'm pretty good doing other's makeup and I can blend their eyeshadows and what not because they have bigger eyes. But with my own eyes..I seriously need some suggestions.
ff.jpg

end.jpg

That's how I do my eye makeup now. I know most of you would be appalled by it, but I finally got up the courage to post it on a makeup board. On a daily basis, I apply Shale with a sponge applicator and then use an Annabelle eyeliner to apply "there", in my small crease.
The look I'm going for is something like this
IMG_0613.jpg

because I realized I just can't work eyeshadow without the lighter area.
(pic courtesy of mzreyes). I would like it less dramatic though, in other words, around the amount of the darker eyeshadow at the crease in the picture. From mzreyes' tutorial I learned that I need the 219 brush, but what other brush do I need?
I understand I need a lot of practice, but the first step would be to get some guidance. Thank you all for taking the time to read this and.. Happy Holidays!

Hawkeye

I would recommend 219 and 213.

I can't really help you but this girl her name is Snowkei she does some fabulous tutorials and I think she can help out a lot by making your eye look bigger etc. She is SUPER talented and just looking at the before and after pics are amazing. She's gorgeous to begin with but this girl she works MAGIC i tell you
smiles.gif

http://www.specktra.net/showpost.php...74&postcount=1
http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=61340

anyway- lol you could also use a fluffy brush like 224.

Just a thought
greengrin.gif

Sanne

I suggest the 217, it's a fabulous blending brush, if can really pack on color without leaving harsh lines. But if you think it's still too wide,go for the 222

Latest posts