New Creasing problems, what to do?!

amoona

Ok I'm a big fan of shadesticks and I usually use Beig-in with everything. Yesterday I work it with Subtle pigment on the lid and Romp in the crease and Folie on the outer v. When I got home I noticed my eyeshadow was creased like crazy. This is the first time it's happened to me with Beig-in ... I bought Sharkskin specifically for when I go for an all black smokey eye and it causes me to crease like you'd never imagine! CCBs make me crease too, I only use them on my cheeks and on my brow bone. I really don't like UDPP it just doesn't do anything for me and it does nothing for the colors of the shadows.

I've never tried paints or prep+prime eyes. Should I pick up both of these products or just one?! And if I do get a paint which one should I pick up? I just want to get one that's universal ... I spend enough money on l/s and e/s.

I don't really have oily skin but I noticed that recently it seems my eyelids are getting oily. Like right now I only have eyeliner on and no shadow. When I run my finger over my lid it's a lil moist. The rest of my skin isn't oily or dry.
ssad.gif
idk what to try but I just want me beautiful shadows to stay put.

n_c

If you have oily lids now, prep+prime for the eyes (MAC) will do nothing for you...based on experience. I have somewhat oily lids and it did nothing for me...

Ethel

I have the same issue. I thought I needed something tacky for the shadow to cling to for staying power and vibrancy, but then it accumulates in the corners and creases. UDPP helps shadows stay a little longer, but there's still smudging and wearing off, plus it does nothing for vibrancy.

Right now I'm trying Ben Nye's Liqui-set. Haven't made up my mind yet, but so far it's promising.

aeni

Final Seal will definitely help the makeup hold. You can even mix LiquiSet with your eyeshadows and it'll help stay on w/o Final Seal.

amoona

I've never seen Ben Nye products so I have no idea where I'd find those. Is Final Seal also a Ben Nye product?! I rather not mix nething with my shadows and just perfer using something under my shadows as a base.

jenii

I don't like Prep + Prime eye, because it made my shadow crease within an hour of applying it. You might as well just get a cakey concealer and use that as a base, since it's pretty much the same thing.

Paints, though, are great! I use Bare Canvas, but I want to get Canton Candy next. Like, my eyeshadow *never* creases with Paints. Not even after a long, hot day. I'd really recommend a Paint.

amoona

Ok so that saves me money by not getting prep+prime haha. I'm going to try out a MAC paint since I have no idea where Ben Nye products are sold. Is Bare Canvas pretty much universal ... kinda how Beig-in is the go to neutral s/s color?

aeni

You can buy Ben Nye online or at your local costume supplier. And you would have to scoop a little shadow out to mix with the liquids.

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
You can buy Ben Nye online or at your local costume supplier. And you would have to scoop a little shadow out to mix with the liquids.

That scares me haha I think I'll stay away from that one. Hopefully paints will work for me. But thank you guys sooooo much! :loveya:

BinkysBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenii
I don't like Prep + Prime eye, because it made my shadow crease within an hour of applying it. You might as well just get a cakey concealer and use that as a base, since it's pretty much the same thing.

Paints, though, are great! I use Bare Canvas, but I want to get Canton Candy next. Like, my eyeshadow *never* creases with Paints. Not even after a long, hot day. I'd really recommend a Paint.

I think it depends on each person's skin. I have several paints and I like them because my eyeshadows look great but I still have creasing. I've tried UDPP and my first tube worked wonderfully, now I'm on the second one and I'm creasing within 4 hours. I've tried Lumene's Eye Makeup Base and it doesn't work either but I have super oily skin. I'm waiting for the holy grail eyeshadow primer also.

foxyqt

i love paints! you should def. try one =) Bare Canvas, Stilife & Base Light are some neutrals

Hawkeye

When you use paints make sure to apply a very very very thin layer on. The more you use on your eye the more likely it is to crease

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
When you use paints make sure to apply a very very very thin layer on. The more you use on your eye the more likely it is to crease

Yes I totally agree with this!

I use a very thin layer of Untitled Paint and usually blend it a bit with a makeup sponge, then put the eyeshadow on top. I get less creasing using paints than with shadesticks.

prinzessin784

I have pretty oily eyelids as well and I have had the same problem in the past. What I've tried recently which has worked wonders is before I apply my base (I use MAC Paints) I swipe some astringent over my lids. It absorbs the oils and really helps with creasing! Give it a try!

Ethel

Still haven't made up my mind about Ben Nye's Liqui-set. My biggest frustration with eyeshadows is when I go clubbing and wear drag-queen-bright shadows that migrate and fade, since I haven't gone out, I haven't tried it for that.

But I did try it over fluidline to add gold glitter. I applied blacktrack fluidline and let it dry. Then took some UD gold microglitter and mixed it with Liqui-set and applied with an eyeliner brush over the fluidline. Viola, dramatic black gold cats eyes. Worked like a charm. Unlike like most times when I apply glitter and it falls all over my face, Liqui-set kept the glitter exactly where I put it. It looked fantastic. So I added more, lining my bottom lashes with gold glitter and then sweeping a thinner layer of gold on my lids and browbone (remember when I said drag-queen-y?
winks.gif
), It looked amazing as a liner, but on my lids, it was rather shiney and not as good--I mean, who wants shiney browbones? I added some face powder over it, but that covered alot of the glitter.

So...as far as Liqui-set goes, I need to see if its shiney with shadows, but as a liner it's just amazing and worth buying for that alone. I swear, I wore that glitter and liner for 6 hours before washing it off and it stayed all damn night. I even touched it and it stayed, usually my fluidlines crumble and wear a bit during the night, not with this over it.

I'm gushing, but seriously this stuff is great for glitter and liner.

I love paints for oily skin. Just make sure you don't use too much! Just a little bit will go a long way. Bare Canvas and Untitled are good satin, neutrals or if you want shimmer then I would try Base Light or Stilife. Shadesticks still stay kinda creamy, while paints dry to a water-resistant base, so it will help with any oil production while keeping your eyeshadow perfectly in tact.