NEW FAKE Fluidlines on Ebay!!!

lizziberry

hello to all! i have recently been stung on ebay with fluidline eye-liner gel in blacktrack.
when i recieved it i knew it wasn't right, but have never seen one before, so it took alot of researching to see if mine was real.
The box appears to be genuine, but they are not hard to fake, the first thing i noticed was the blacktrack sticker was on the wrong side at the top and there was a sticky patch on the other side, may indicate this is a real box but they put a fake sticker on. As it has A47 on the box but A67 on the pot.
Attachment 8637
The inside of the lid has a foam pad that is indented which isnt on the real.
Attachment 8638
The outside of the lid is very matte and in the real ones it appears to be slightly shiny.
Attachment 8639
The rim of the inside lid has 8 holes and is crudely cut, so it's rough, which it isn't on the real.
The MAC logo you can see has got a blemish on one of the sides.
From the side the depth of the gel does not even reach the top of the MAC logo, on the real, it reaches about half way down.
Attachment 8640
The sticker underneath has very smudgey and the writing wasn't very bright or clear, the sticker also arrived slightly lifted off so it appeared it had only been attached.
Attachment 8641

But the most convincing reason above all that it's fake is that the seller has about 15/20 of these selling at about £7. also when i emailed saying they were fake they just said return it for a full refund incl p+p for the return aswell. They didn't even mention anything in responce to my accusation.
I will attach more pictures on the next post as i can only upload 5, darn it!
where i bought it:
MACnew Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Colour BLACKTRACK genuine on eBay, also, Eyeliner, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 08-Jun-09 14:27:16 BST)

kalz

I have never bought any fluidlines before therefore i dont know its authentic anot. Hope someone out there will confirm with you. If it is really fake, i feel so sorry for you cause 99% on ebay that sells M.A.C is fake. Sad but true... i just reported more than 20 listing on ebay..

kalz

Welcome to Specktra anyway !!! In this forum you will gain alot of knowledge in M.A.C as specktra have many M.A.C experts...

User38

I don't buy anything which can be duped easily on EBay.. I have bought some items which were disc but that is it -- it is not worth the trouble to buy something which is a fake
ssad.gif

Makeup Emporium

Hi, I checked out the seller and they actually have over 200 Blacktrack available over 3 seperate auctions...Major red flag! There are many sellers that have multiples but I don't know of any legitimate seller that has over 200 of the same thing! Over 200 listings yes but over 200 of the same item, highly unlikely!!

Another red flag is that this is the only MAC product they are carrying. You a much safer buying from an EBay store or seller that has multiple MAC listings with high postive feedback (or powerseller etc). Those with just one product listed several times with large numbers of multiples is never a good sign.

This is definitely a fake from the pictures you uploaded. I have the Blacktrack right from MAC so I have the exact product to compare it to. The box has a cardboard insert/flap (not foam) to keep the jar in place, there are no holes in the lid, etc. as you have mentioned.

There are some really good sellers on EBay who are also here on Specktra as well. Check out the favorite sellers thread and you will get some good recommendations.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/f...wappers-49661/

Good luck and welcome!!

PS: I did have a Russian Red but sold it...sorry!

lizziberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
Hi, I checked out the seller and they actually have over 200 Blacktrack available over 3 seperate auctions...Major red flag! There are many sellers that have multiples but I don't know of any legitimate seller that has over 200 of the same thing! Over 200 listings yes but over 200 of the same item, highly unlikely!!

Another red flag is that this is the only MAC product they are carrying. You a much safer buying from an EBay store or seller that has multiple MAC listings with high postive feedback (or powerseller etc). Those with just one product listed several times with large numbers of multiples is never a good sign.

This is definitely a fake from the pictures you uploaded. I have the Blacktrack right from MAC so I have the exact product to compare it to. The box has a cardboard insert/flap (not foam) to keep the jar in place, there are no holes in the lid, etc. as you have mentioned.

There are some really good sellers on EBay who are also here on Specktra as well. Check out the favorite sellers thread and you will get some good recommendations.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/f...wappers-49661/

Good luck and welcome!!

PS: I did have a Russian Red but sold it...sorry!

thankyou, glad my suspicions were correct!! and im not totally paranoid! so not buying anything on ebay anymore! wish i had more money for the real stuff!
well hopefully this thread can help people work out if their's is real as i couldn't find anything else to compare it to.
cheers x

BellaItalia1969

Lizzie,i have replied on your previous post with regards to this seller..he/she has had over 200 pcs of these fakey,crappy Mac eyeliners for sale!!Is just not possible to obtain such vast amounts of GENUINE Mac
angry.gif

I would file a claim with Paypal for SNAD,and report the seller to ebay,for non performance ie.selling counterfeits breaches ebay policy!
I would deffo leave a calm,but FACTUAL negative feedback to warn other prospective buyers!Please,please do not use this fake!
smiles.gif

Please don't despair there are some genuine sellers of authentic Mac,on eis a Spectra member:Julie150463,I have seen a Mac fluidline in New weed,for sale on one of her auctions...Im sure she will be willing to post on here a photo of the RealMcCoy
winks.gif

These fake Mac fluidline are rampant at the mo on ebay!In fact look at this seller:yueming001,she also sells fake Mac Mineralize..again stock photo,and like vast amounts of all these above..no way mind you i have just noticed that she has some herbal,impotance pills for sale??
WTF2.gif

8 X J Y J HERB SEX enhancer erection for IMPOTANCE on eBay, also Impotence Aids, Family Planning Contraception, Health Care, Health Beauty (end time 11-Jun-09 22:19:58 BST)

lizziberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Lizzie,i have replied on your previous post with regards to this seller..he/she has had over 200 pcs of these fakey,crappy Mac eyeliners for sale!!Is just not possible to obtain such vast amounts of GENUINE Mac
angry.gif

I would file a claim with Paypal for SNAD,and report the seller to ebay,for non performance ie.selling counterfeits breaches ebay policy!
I would deffo leave a calm,but FACTUAL negative feedback to warn other prospective buyers!Please,please do not use this fake!
smiles.gif

Please don't despair there are some genuine sellers of authentic Mac,on eis a Spectra member:Julie150463,I have seen a Mac fluidline in New weed,for sale on one of her auctions...Im sure she will be willing to post on here a photo of the RealMcCoy
winks.gif

These fake Mac fluidline are rampant at the mo on ebay!In fact look at this seller:yueming001,she also sells fake Mac Mineralize..again stock photo,and like vast amounts of all these above..no way mind you i have just noticed that she has some herbal,impotance pills for sale??
WTF2.gif

8 X J Y J HERB SEX enhancer erection for IMPOTANCE on eBay, also Impotence Aids, Family Planning Contraception, Health Care, Health Beauty (end time 11-Jun-09 22:19:58 BST)

well they are refunding me all inclu p+p both ways. think they're trying to kepp me happy. so once i've recieved the refund i will then be contacting ebay and leaving neg feedback. i sent it back yesterday.
yeah im not buying on ebay anymore apart from few people that i've spoken to on here that sell. nightmare!!
nice pills!!! who on earth would even put that in their mouth, imagine what's in them , ewww!!!
xx

lizziberry

good news! i've got my refund!! plus postage back, a definate sign of guilt! can't leave feedback now though, and i cant even contact other buyers of her fluidlines as she's made them private, crafty bugger!!!
I've set up a new thread to report ebay sellers of fake mac, or anything fake! so post their user ID's and we can all report them, so hopefully they will be chucked off ebay!
ta!
liz xx