New to Foundation Arena & Very Pale!

OnlyCrueltyFree

Hey everyone!
I am new to this forum. I am a minimal makeup person, although I love it! I'm 21, and in all of my makeup-using history, all I've used are eye products and lip products. I'm interested in trying some sort of face product, but it is VERY important to me that I not feel anything on my face! I have waited this long to use something for a few reasons: 1) I've got pretty good skin, 2) The thought of having something all over my face freaks me out. The thought of layering on 3 or 4 layers of stuff is just terrifying to me! I know that sounds goofy, but it's the truth. Luckily, I don't need much coverage but might like the results of some. Either way, I thought I should give it a try. Also, what is a primer? What does it do? Is it an option by itself for me?
Also, I am really pale. I've attached a couple pictures (not sure about how to get them into this message otherwise), so that you can get some sort of idea of what my skin color is like. I'm also a dark brunette with brown/golden brown eyes. Another thing that I would really like in a foundation or tinted moisturizer is that it actually helps my skin. I am considering Bare Minerals for that reason and tinted moisturizers as well. Also, I only use brands that don't test on animals as I am a strict vegetarian. I would really, REALLY appreciate some help here, as I am just clueless! I'm very low-maintenance and like it that way, but want to try something to maybe even out my skin tone. This is a good time for me to ask as I'm going to Austin this weekend, so I'll have access to some brands that I wouldn't have access to in my city. Also, I am considering checking into blush, but would prefer something that is not powder. I also really have no clue as to what color I should be aiming for! I thought about trying Tarte's blush. THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!
th_worship.gif

- Jessica

Sum Up My Desires:
-Don't want anything that makes me feel like I'm wearing makeup! I want to feel like I'm not really wearing anything on my face. Thus, I'm not really interested in a heavy foundation unless it manages to feel like it's not even there. I also want it to not be gross to the touch.
- Low-Maintenance, so need something easy
- New completely to skin makeup
- Pale with dark hair and eyes
- Want something that actually helps skin in some way and keeps it clear
- SPF is preferable, but not necessary as my moisturizer has that (and I'm not a big sun person as you can tell if the pictures show up!
lol.gif
)
- Not sure what a primer is or does, but I would like to know. Also, is it an option for me?
- I only use brands that do NOT test on animals (I'll know,so if you don't just go ahead and recommend anything as I know which ones do and don't)

Thanks again!

Miss_Behave

I'm not 100% sure if Stila tests (I'm sure some other ladys can help here) but I think so. anyhow, I really like Stilas tinted moisturizer feels great on the skin, has SPF 15, looks veeeerry natural and has a good color range. I use fair which is the palest one and it's really good color match

OnlyCrueltyFree

Stila Does Not Test

Hey there! Thank you so much for the suggestion! Stila actually does not test on animals. I've liked what products I've seen of that line, but I haven't checked out any of their face products. I'll be sure to check that out!

brandiisamonkey

I dont think that bare esentuals tests on animals im pretty sure they DONT but I LOVE IT... I use it for my personal use I cant tell im wearing anythign and I find it cover really well, I dont have TERRIBLE skin though I get the occasional breakout... If you want to try it id suguest a starter kit, it costs $60 and it comes with everything even the brushes...

OnlyCrueltyFree

Bare Minerals

Thanks for the reply! They don't test on animals, and I'm very interested. I can get the kit much cheaper new on eBay too. I'm not sure about coloring though as there are so many colors. I would assume fair, but I'm not quite sure. I could be fairly light. It's hard for me to tell. Can you tell from my pics? I just have no clue about undertones either. Maybe someone can tell me by looking at my photo. I know it's no substitute for the real thing, but it's all I can supply on here! Thanks for any help!

brandiisamonkey

you would most probably be fairly light but if you buy the starter kit tehn you get fair and fairly light... plus warmth mineral viel the kabuki brush the powder brush and my fav the conceiler brush... just be carefull about buying on ebay... theres alot of fakes going arround...

OnlyCrueltyFree

Stila's Tinted Moisturizer

What color would those who recommended Stila's Tinted Moisturizer recommend for me? Geez, all these colors!!

I use bare which is the palest one, and it's just a tiny bit too dark but it's sheer so I can get away with it! I'd go to a counter and try them yourself if you can!

Miss_Behave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCrueltyFree
What color would those who recommended Stila's Tinted Moisturizer recommend for me? Geez, all these colors!!

you look quite a bit darker than me so I would say "bare" (I use fair) but even if it isn't the perfect color match, it's so sheer and blends nicely into the skin so it doesn't really matter. If you have the chance to test it, great, if not get bare or fair they'll probably both work.

mspixieears

You could also try Becca, they go from extremely pale to very dark, and are animal cruelty-free! Try to find the Luminous Skin Colour in your skintone.

I rarely wear foundation, but when I do, I wear LSC (in Camel) and it's awesome for foundation-haters like me! It's very light on the skin, doesn't feel like a mask at all.

Latest posts