New to MAC

Classic Beauty

I am fairly new to the world of MAC. I just bought MAC Lipglass in Heartthrob 3 weeks ago and love it. I am looking into buying some MAC eyeshadows in a few days. Any recommendations on a few basics? I am mainly looking for naturals, purples, greens, and maybe some blues.
oh.gif
ops:

I have fair skin, brown/green eyes, and brunette hair if that helps. :p

I am also new to the boards, and it would be nice to meet some of y'all.

Hawkeye

neutrals- patina, kid, shroom

greens-sprout, greensmoke, meadow

purples-i personally like the more blue purples like creme de violet and crystal.

blues-nehru, tilt.

What part of the south you from? (With the ya'll?)

User20

For purples/neutrals I definitely recommend waiting until the end of the month for the new collection (Naturally Eccentric) to come out. As for greens, I would try Swimming, which I love. Also try and grab Goldmine which is my personal fave. When I frst started I picked up only a few permanent items and continued to by LE ones (which maybe wasn't a bright idea). But witht hat I learned more about the main products, combos, and what I needed and could do without.

I hope that helped a bit, but the truth is you must go and try them out yourself (I haet getting this answer, but it's so true). You can always ask to try them ona nd get an MAs advice on the spot.

EDIT: youbeabitch, I totally forgot about Patina (love this color too!)

Hikaru-chan

If your looking for basics this is what I would reccomend: Shroom, Naked Lunch, Carbon, Bronze and for a few brighter colors Blue Pigment, Parfait Amour, Shale, Swish, Spout, Humid.