NEW to this

hypergrl273

I was never really into MAC until i got some for christmas this year. i got pink venus, pink freeze, trax, tempting, antiqued, and honesty e/s, nymphette lipglass and palatial lustreglass, golden bronzer, and belightful shimmer powder. i was wanting to get a better range of colors and i was wondering if you all could give me a list of a few starter e/s's and other things i should get to really start my collection. thanks

bellaetoile

PIGMENTS! i'd say find someone who sells pigment samples and get a bunch, that way you can experiment with numerous colors. pigments are super pigmented color dust, and most of them can be used on your eyes, face, or mixed with lipgloss for lip color. they're super versatile and come in every color of the rainbow.

as far as eyeshadows go, some basic staples for me are black tied (intense black with silver sparkles), humid (green), freshwater (bright blue), and satellite dreams (shimmery deep purple). go to a store or counter and play around with some colors, see what you like. also, the eyeliners are amazing, and come in great colors. try the powerpoint pencils or the fluid liners.

AudreyNicole

I don't know if you are into bright shades, but I am loving Stars and Rockets (bright pinky purple), Coppering (beautiful copper color), Love Bud (pale coral) and Iris Print (beautiful blue-ish purple) - this looks great with Trax!). The shadow I reach for most is Retrospeck. It's a champagne color, and looks great anywhere on the eye. I use it on the lid for a subtle eye, and use it as a highlight with darker colors.

Personally, I much prefer the eye shadows to the pigments. I have a few pigment samples, and find them hard to work with. I do really like Pink Opal pigment though
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypergrl273
i love bright colors, just don't have any yet. and i was wondering where do i find pigment samples.

You can check the sale/swap board here once you have enough posts to access the boards (not sure of the exact number), or you could try ebay.
smiles.gif

pr1nces583

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypergrl273
i love bright colors, just don't have any yet. and i was wondering where do i find pigment samples.

I got mine in a lot of 20 from ebay and i think i paid £18 including p&p. be careful tho cos there are quite a few fakes knocking about on ebay!

i would recommend trying out the shadesticks, ive got lucky jade and shimmermint (being a massive fan of greens!) and they are great when im late for work cos they are so quick and easy!

kimmy

i'd pick up some shadesticks, paints or ccbs too, to sue as bases for your e/s
winks.gif

as far as e/s to get, i'd definately suggest juxt (a very pale, shimmery green), iris print (lavendar with gold sparkle), gorgeous gold (sheer, shimmery gold) and tilt (bluish turquoise with shimmer)!

maybe some more lustreglasses, like garden (sheer beige with golden sparkles) or luminary (sheer pink with shimmer).

and definately some pigment samples! you can post a thread in the want ads section here at specktra asking for pigment samples, and i'm sure some of the lovely ladies here would be happy to sell you some for a very reasonable price. that's what i did, and here i am a couple weeks later with a bazillion piggie samples that i could not live without!

fairytale22

Go for shadesticks and pigments if you're into bright colors! Oh and the fluidlines! I also love MAC blushes, sheertone shimmers are their most popular texture.
greengrin.gif

Latest posts