Newbie here...needing help

vweeks

Hello everyone! So glad to be here
wavey.gif

Im not a newbie when it comes to makeup, i have dabbled and own the basics...Ive always been intrigued with makeup, my friends usually ask me to do their makeup, just recently I did something with MAC juxt and Im not sure of the name but a purple shadow from clinique and received SOOO many compliments
cheerleader.gif

But what i need help with is suggestions for an everyday look. Ive attached a picture of myself and a few of the looks I like....

I also wear Studio fix NC55, im looking for something to cover the blemishes on my forehead as well.
72141383.jpg

This one is my favorite!

ilhsgi.jpg

e1153924721f97ec0162dcf4bf284142231.jpg

n5722274_32151660_4256.jpg

and me!

I am also looking to get things for contouring...Im not sure what exactly to get from the Mac line....please help!!

thanks in advance
lol.gif

Hawkeye

You are so pretty!

I'm not sure if this can help or not but I'm willing to try!

The countouring for the face I'm not sure I can help with. Do you want more prodominate cheekbones or a longer face or what's going on there?

For the top look it looks like a light brown, a darker brown and black for the eyes.
Maybe (and don't quote me I'm not sure)
MAC Tan pigment from lashline to crease, maybe MAC dark brown in the crease and in the outer V, MAC Blacktrack fluidliner and some false eyelashes
MAC Cheery for the apples of the cheeks?
MAC Prrrr Lipgloss.

The key to the first one (your favorite you said!
smiles.gif
) is to look at the well defined brow, the glowing skin, and the glossy lip.

Not sure if this helps but you can always try it
smiles.gif

maxcat

Holy Hotness! You really don't need a lot of anything. Groom your brows, go with a light foundation, some bronzer on your cheeks, Patina on your lids, mascara and maybe a slick of gloss like Beaux (if you like sparkly) or Moistly (lip gelee, hint of colour).

vweeks

Thanks ladies!

I am making a list of the things you all have mentioned!!!

youbeabitch yes I am looking to acheive a more prominent cheek bone as well as narrowing my nose a bit, well just the nostril area...

how do I acheive that glowy look?

Hawkeye

Contouring-
You have to be very careful with this because if you should do this incorrectly you will look like a clown and look ridiculous. I'm just telling you up front.

The best way to do this is to take a brush like MAC 168 Contour brush- get 2 powder colors.
One color that is an exact match for your skintone
One color that is one half-to one shade darker. mix these two together then suck in your cheeks (make a fish face) and where you see your cheeks sucked in (like a triangle) there apply the mixture.
You may also want to apply at the temples to your eyes.

MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS AS SHEERLY AS POSSIBLE

This creates a shadow and gives a sculpted cheekline and makes the face appear less round and more long. For the nose - you take the mixture of the powders and with a smaller angled brush (MAC 162) you would take it and go down the sides of your nose.

The best way to describe it is if you are looking directly at your face, you will see there is almost a flat area there, right on top. You will go from the outer edge of your brow down to the nostral and blend down as well as you can to the side of the nose.

It's hard, it just takes practice and its complicated to describe!
LOL

How to get glowy skin-
If you get MAC Strobe Cream just dab it on your cheeks and up to your temples blend in then use foundation over it to give a smooth glowy look to your skin.

maxcat

I use hyperreal foundation... I don't use it all over because I find it looks too "dewy"... but blend it across the top of your cheekbones and down the length of your nose... little bit on the forehead and the chin. Ask for a tester to see if it gives you the effect you're looking for.

Bootyliciousx

You are pretty. Mac eyeshadows - All that glitter, Amber Lights, Shale, S...olive, Bronze or Antiqued, Gleam. Starting off with neturals.

Lips- Mac Hug Me and Mac Fauz lipstick or even Mac Eden Rocks Lipstick.

Lipglass- Mac Viva Glam V, Pinkarat Lusterglass, Lust Lipglass, Jellybabe, Glamourson

Blush- Mac dollymix and Margin

Eyeliner- Mac Industry, Mac Blacktrack

pigments - violet, melon

Bootyliciousx

Foundations- Loreal True Match

Prescriptives Flawless Skin foundation or virtual matter (medium to full coverage) one. There concealors not soo good on staying power.

kimmy

MAC Golden bronzer for the cheeks and MAC Instant Gold lustreglass
smiles.gif
you're way pretty! i hope to see some FOTDs from you soon
greengrin.gif

vweeks

Thanks!!! I will be getting some of these products today!

The Anthem, maybe ill do a FOTD tonight before I head out...hmmmmm
smiles.gif

Latest posts