Newbie Pigment Question...

IFeelTheNeed

This is my 1st legit question....here goes...I just got my first pigment: Cornflower. My question is whats the best way to apply it? I like a light wash of color not to dark. Im not so sure if I like it or not, Im thinking Im just not applying it right (using fingertip) it looks cakey in places. Do I need a primer?? Any recs (drugstore.... Thanks K

MACActress

I personally use a primer for all my shadows, just to prevent creasing and such. I love bare canvas paint, and it's easy to apply. It's also good for the softer wash you prefer, since it won't increase color intensity like a shadestick would. It also might be easier to apply cornflower with a fluffy eye brush, and then just kind of use the window wiper method to sheer it out.

Edit: Sorry for the non drugstore rec. I had this wet and wild jumbo pencil that was shimmery a while ago, and that worked well =) Also their concealer too, it comes in a lipstick tube, and it worked pretty well.

Sanne

I think a primer would be a good idea, but I can't think of any drugstore e/s base right now(I don't know any from l'oreal,maybeline, max factor, and those are the biggest drugstore brands in holland). One not so super expensive but great primer is from le club de createurs de beaute, they have an online shop.

what kind of brush do you use? for a light wash I recommend a fluffy brush, like MAC's 217 or 224.
I also want to add that cornflower is a pigment I'm haveing difficulties with as well, it's just not the easiest to apply.

Good Luck!

medusalox

I'd totally recommend a primer. You can use a light sweep of foundation over your lid, and then pat the color on over that, and blend it in so it's not so...BAM.
smiles.gif
Then, just sweep the excess off, and you're good to go! But I do agree, cornflower is a bit of a pain in the ass to use.
smiles.gif

kissjacksparrow

i use a somewhat thick & creamy concealer - physicians formula le velvet is what i am using right now. pretty cheap and works just as well as many other high end stuff i've used. investing in a good set of eyeshadow brushes is a good idea, too.

other bases i've use that a cheap thrills: wet n wild cream eyeshadow, nyc eyeshado wand, any foundation thay you just want to use up. i have tried the jane 'eye brightener' wich is supposed to be an e/s base, but i found it too dry for me. pretty much any cream e/s or pencil e/s will do