Newbie Question; Doing The Outter V.

KaylaGrace

So as you have probably noticed, I'm new to this. Please excuse my lack of experience.
Heres my newbie question; how do you do your outter v? Is there a trick to it? Whenever I try and do it I always end up with shadow too far up and too far out on my eye. Its driving me crazy. Can you offer me any tips?

scentofevil

i use the 219 pencil brush to do my outer V, just load up the brush and draw it in, then fuzz it out with a blending brush in a back and forth motion rather than an "up and out" motion toward the temples. HTH
smiles.gif

Wattage

I agree regarding the 219 brush. I draw in my V after I have applied all my other shadows. I like to fill my brush, pull slightly outward on the skin and draw an actual "V" shape, as if the V were lying sideways, open end to the inside of your eye. I follow the top part of the V along my crease, sometimes with the same shadow or for a more dramatic look, I use a darker shade in the outer V. For the bottom part of the V, I follow only 1/4 of the way onto the lid, staying close to the lashline. Then, blend using a nice, soft blending brush. You can control the amount that comes outward this way. If you want more up and out, put more shadow in the V using your 219 and blend it up and out. You can always correct for accidentally blending outside the eye area with a sponge and a little concealer.

Best of luck - HTH!
greengrin.gif

kimn

The 219 is the best bet. I do the V last if I am doing it and the MAC 219 makes it easy as pie
smiles.gif
Foolproof. It is a great brush for just about any detail work, you can 'draw on' your e/s.
smiles.gif

Latest posts