nice, dark red lipstick

kimmy

nw15, brown/red hair and green eyes. i need a blood red lip pencil, stick and gloss from mac. i have rockocco l/s and pure vanity l/g, but those just aren't dark enough for the look i'm trying to achieve this weekend. so i need a little help. tia!
smiles.gif

Dark_Phoenix

Redwood (lipstick)
I have similar skin color and Redwood is a very nice.

I don't reccomend Russian Red. It's rather bright/true red.

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
is redwood a mac colour? i don't see it on the website..

It is. Looks like this. But I have no clue why it's not on the MAC site...
Glaze finish.

amoona

Dubonnet (sp?) is my FAVORITE red. I also have Ruby Woo which I know is a classic but that's too bright for me. Dubonnet is a very sexy dark red.

ginger9

I think I know the colour you are looking for...it is similar to Chanel's dark red nail polish called Vamp?

If so I suggest you check out the following:

lippies: Diva or Underworld. My best guess is Diva would suit better.
lipliner: Burgundy or Currant
gloss: this depends on what kind of finish you are looking for...Happening Gal might suit the bill but it's quiet frosted in the sense that there's noticeable gold shimmer. I think Spring Bean would look interesting too.

HTH please post pictures once you decide on your picks, I would love to see the final look I think it will be so HOT
eyelove.gif

kimmy

i'm gonna go to the mall tomorrow and check out all those mac recs. and ashley, i'm definately gonna check into that nars lipstick too as soon as i can get to the nearest dealer.
smiles.gif
thank you all for your suggestions!

right now for the dark, i'm using a cheap wine coloured revlon l/l i picked up at work (they're on sale right now, woo!) an old wet n wild red lipstick and a little bit of flirt's midnight lace l/g. (that's what's on in my little avatar dealy.) and i'm really liking the dark red, so i'm pretty stoked to check out these colours all you ladies suggested.
greengrin.gif

june19th

Dubonnet!! Thats my HG red lipstick. For reference, I'm NC15-20, with dark hair and lightbrown/hazelish eyes.

aeni

I just bought Cyber. It's a statement in itself b/c it's pretty dark, but you could combine it with another color or gloss.

martygreene

must it be mac? MUFE has some colors that might work for you, and then there is the old standby of deep reds, Chanel Vamp (which also comes in lipliner and nailpolish.

AriannaErin

Dubonnet is a very dark blood red on me as well. (I'm a blonde NC25ish). Redwood isn't as dark on me at all and because it's a glaze it's more of a gloss- I get more of a cherry glossy look when I wear Redwood.

On me, Redwood is basically a sheer version of Dubbonnet.