No evap cooler during 110 day = goopy makeup

aeni

The house I'm staying at for the next 3 months happened to spring a leak overnight leaving 6" of rising water out front (good thing I woke up early before it got to the house). Turns out the pipe btwn the meter and the house broke, and when I shut off the water, it cut off all running water to the house.

The house runs on an evap cooler during the day - it's now reaching the 110s, and the house normally is at 85 with it on. In the past 2 days now, its gotten as high as 97. I stored my makeup case in the closet to just try and keep the consistency and temperature at the best level I could. Sadly, this isn't working, and we all know that this flux in temperature ruins the chemical structure. I don't know what else to do. Legally, the landlord is to have this fixed by tomorrow (they're rerouting and replacing pipes) but I can't figure out another place to keep everything cool so I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars in replacing items - unless you think I'm able to get reimbursement from the landlord (far catch).

Janice

I would put any perishables (lipsticks, semi-solids, cremes) in the fridge. The rest will weather the heat fine.

mac_obsession

I agree, put the lippies/ccbs/creams in the fridge
smiles.gif

The rest should be fine.

foreveratorifan

No i keep my lipsticks frozen actually! i fill up a lip palette and put the rest of the tubes in a baggie in the freezer...recommended to me by MA's at a MAC pro store actually...

and the cream stuff and such should not be harmed in a cool fridge at all....

aeni

good to know. i was working an early morning shoot once and the BN matte I was mixing on my palette froze. damn AZ.

foreveratorifan

if it freezes though, i would think you can just wait for ti to warm up and soften, it won't change any of the chemical makeup of the stuff.....

Latest posts