Non-MAC foundation for Black folks?

OnaFyre

Hi There,
I'm guessing this has been covered in another thread, but I haven't found it so I'll just ask. Feel free to refer me to a past thread. I'm a MAC addict for sure, but I'm slowly but surely becoming dissatisfied with MAC face makeup (foundation, powder, concealer). Do you have any suggestions for other brands, particulary ones that I can pick up from my nearest high-end dept. store or Sephora (IE not RMCA). Please note, I'm african-american (N9/NW45/NW600 depending on the season and product) and so many high end lines (Clinique, Bobbie Brown, NARS) really don't really have anything for my skin tone. Also, I've tried Iman, and wasn't impressed. Granted, that was right after the line started and I could try it again, I guess... I've never noticed Becca at Sephora before, but heard about it recently and wanted to try it, but then I head it had a really strong fragrance. Anyway, I'm just looking for some other things to try out to see if MAC is really the best thing for my face. I already know its the best thing for my eyes and lips though. Thanx!

foreveratorifan

I dont know how dark your skin is, but for hard to match skin tones I LOOOOVE and swear by Prescriptives! plus their foundations are GREAT....perhaps give them a try!
smiles.gif
they do a free skin tone analysis and if one of their's doesnt match they can custom blend one for you.

HapaDynazty

I heard Becca and Lorac were good.

I'm only NC35 so I'm pretty much going by what my friends with darker skin tones say ;-)

YvetteJeannine

Becca m/u has foundation colors for literally every skintone (that's their claim to fame)...Go to either the Sephora or Becca website and take a look...The thing I notice about *most* foundation lines is that they only have a couple shades for darker skin-tones...and hey, c'mon...just like there's not just one or two shades of "white" skin, niether are there only one or two in "black" or darker toned skins!!! Seriously though...it's a bit expensive, but I've heard from manys sources that it's WAYYYYY worth it. Good luck.

lara

Perscriptives custom foundation. I'm the exact opposite of you (very fair and very pink-toned) and they were the only ones that ran pale and pink enough for me. Plus you have a lot more choice about finish and content than you do with a ready-made foundation product.
smiles.gif

Latest posts