noob needs help :)

dreamlynx

Hello ladies/gents! I'm new(ish) to specktra and (eye) makeup in general. I did some searching but couldn't find someone w/ my exact description/request (we're all so unique like that). I'm sure you've all heard this before so I'll cut to the chase...I'm NW20, redhair, green eyes...I'm def. not 'that' pale. My freckers blend together to look like one big freckle which I tell myself makes me look tan (aha).

...anyway, I plan on making a trip to the MAC store in a week or two and needed some suggestions for eyeshadows and lip products (probably blue-based). I'm used to wearing pretty neutral colors and would like to slowly branch out to bam in yo' face colors. I plan on getting a 15 e/s palette and filling it up. (I know that redheads are supposed to look good in green but I feel that I look odd in them.) Right so, I have a budget of about $350 (buh-bye paycheck).

I currently (*blushes*) own: gleam and shroom e/s (told you i'm a noob) and I already have all the 'face stuff'.

Well, thanks for listening to me babble and thanks in advance for the advice!!

P.S. (thanks for making this such a friendly environment!)...i've noticed i use ( & )s a lot...
smiles.gif

joytheobscure

hmm.. I love (I have green eyes - light brown hair) and am a NW20 too.
I like for a blue: Tilt
green - sumptuous olive looks the best vs bright greens
purples: beautiful iris, hepcat, star violet

a combo that really makes my eyes pop is satin taupe on the lid vex on the brow with knight divine on the crease

mythology and honeylust look good too with ricepaper and swiss chocolate.

just start picking up shadows and playing around and you'll work out some great looks :) its addictive, I promise I have been at it over a year now and have 55 pots of eyeshadow.

dreamlynx

thanks! yeah i have a feeling this splurge is going to be the beginning of many. oh well, everyone has to have a hobby
smiles.gif

Latest posts