NY Beauty School

DasNumi

Hey everyone! I'm moving to NY (Brooklyn) soon and am really interested in going to a cosmetology school there. Do any of you have any suggestions on what good schools are in the area? I've been looking at MUD (Makeup Designory School) but it's a little bit pricey for me. I'm looking for something that not only teaches beauty makeup, but character makeup and hairstyling.

If you've gone to MUD or any of the other schools please let me know how your experience was. Thank you so much!

Numi

MisStarrlight

Are you looking for a full cosmetology school, or a makeup school?
I'm looking for both...so far I've found MUD, Aveda & LIBS
There was another beauty school that I was looking at too, but I can't remember the name right now. There is always BOCES, that only costs like $4000 for 2 years (at least upstate it did) & isn't too bad-you just have to be in class w/ a bunch of high schoolers.

I actually just posted a thread on makeup schools yesterday- http://specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40242 if that helps at all.

DasNumi

That helps alot, thank you! Ah, we seem to be in much the same boat, we should bounce ideas off of each other! I like the creative design emphasis MUD seems to provide but this link to Aveda looks quite impressive as well. I'll have to look into it all further.

Latest posts