NYX, Milani and Wild and Crazy

baby_love

ok, so today my friend and I went to Longs for no apparent reason. I saw all the brands that I've heard fit into MAC pallets. I knew Milani did, and I knew NYX did (or at least some of them) but I found this new brand...Wild and Crazy (it's new to me, I've never seen it.) and they have a lot of awesome colors, but when I got home...the texture and the finish was just not good. there were 3 that I liked out of the 5 that I picked up.

Wild and Crazy:
Prom, New U Girl and Green Tea-Good IMO, prom reminds me of Bright Coral/Electric Color pigment (I can't tell the difference he) New U Girl I think is the color that sort of resembles Lucky Green?

Golden Silhouette and Marquise-Not good, the texture was really bad, really grainy and the colors just looked chalky and bleh. they are probably the cheap versions of Canary Yellow and Bitter.

Milani:
Enchantment and Taffy-really pretty, good color payoff, Enchantment reminds me of Parfait Amour and Stars and Rockets. Taffy, sort of like Swish or Pink Freeze. I just wish it was more pink.

Garden Mist-just doesn't show up, no color payoff basically.

NYX:
I like ALL of the colors I got.

I got 2 of the 3 color e/s pallet thingies ha.

Cherry/Cool Blue/Hot Pink-they are all really pigmented, I think one of the colors is sort of like a better version of Sushi Flower.

Spring Leaf/Lime Green/Green Tea-I really like these colors together, and they are really soft and they are very pigmented.

I just wanted to say that I ventured outside of MAC for the first time in a while, and there are some good brands that don't cost as much.

and I have a question, do you guys like any of these brands? and what are your favorite colors from them?

byeeee!!

mel0622

thanks for the info. i have garden mist. i havent used it much but it shows up on me. are you using a base?

baby_love

yep, I've used every base I own. I've used a paintstick, shadestick, Lemon-Aid, and paints...it just doesn't like me haha.

mel0622

i think i see what ur saying. i just used swatched it and i have to pack it on a bit.
shrugs.gif

xiahe

i wish they sold NYX around here....as for Wild & Crazy, they carry that @ Marc's, which is probably something that you don't have...so far, i've only seen Marc's in Ohio. Wild & Crazy shadows are supposed to be really good, but i guess it depends which ones you buy. but then again, they *ARE* $0.99/ea.

Milani = ♥! i've stayed away from pinks, though, because they're just not...really pink. Enchantment is a gorgeous color, and so is Shock. Garden Mist doesn't show up very well, but if you pack it on, it'll show up. it's a look-alike for MAC Juxt - i just wish it applied just as well.

just out of curiosity...where can you find NYX?

canadiangirl_1117

I really, really like NYX, their Ocean color is IDENTITCAL to Parrot, I swatched them side by side, with the same base (UDPP) and I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference. Parrot was a teeeeeeny bit brighter, but not enough to make a huge difference.

kimmy

i loooove milani. all of their shadows show up pretty well on me, even without a base and i've never had a problem with severe fading or creasing. and they're such a good price, unbeatable. i really like the bright colours like atlantis, garden mist, shock and flare :]

nyx...doesn't do too much for me. well, i don't know really. i have one of the trios that i got from papaya, but it doesn't always show up really well on me with or ithout a base...sometimes it does though which is weird o_O but i like the colours, i just have to add some glitter over it because i like my shadows shimmery
greengrin.gif

astronaut

I just went to longs and I got 4 wild and crazy shades. I was really surprised by the pigmentation and the silky smooth texture all for only 99 cents! I'm definitely coming back for more.

Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnelle
ahhh, this is driving me crazy.
Where can you buy Milani??
I've looked everywhere...
ssad.gif

(Do you know an Ashley Bates?)

Anyways, Onto the answer. I have been in practically every sort of drugstore in Alberta and we can't get Milani.

Charnelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow
(Do you know an Ashley Bates?)

Anyways, Onto the answer. I have been in practically every sort of drugstore in Alberta and we can't get Milani.

UGH, how frustrating, i've heard so many good things about it.
Anyone know if you can get it in the UK?

(DO I?!?
I <3 her. We've known each other since ECS.
How do you know her?)

Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnelle
UGH, how frustrating, i've heard so many good things about it.
Anyone know if you can get it in the UK?

(DO I?!?
I <3 her. We've known each other since ECS.
How do you know her?)

She goes to my high school, I hear your name all the time and since your an Albertan I figured you were the infamous.

katie_070405

I went into a Fred's store looking for suntan lotion and happened to check the cosmetics for chapstick.....and they had NYX. I know they haven't carried it before because I've checked. They just got in in 2 weeks ago and all they had left were the brown/tan trio black/white trio.....i bought both for $10. 6 eyeshadows for $10....I was gonna just give them to my lil sis if I didn't like them....but I do...so I'm keeping them. I just wish they had the other colors you guys have listed.....they sound fabulous.

depecher

I LOVE NYX!!!!! My favorites are:

Tropical
Red Head
Ocean
Lime Green
Green Tea
Spring Leaf
Rust
Orange

The pink trio, the blue trio, pretty much every eyeshadow I own of theirs rocks. I own a bunch too. These are very pigmented and show up really well on me.

I have some Milani and I don't care for this line. Oh well. My NYX and MAC keep me very happy!