Odd Animals

MAC_Whore

So what do you say if you are walking down the street in Oregon and this hops by?

PatagonianCavy-1.jpg

Full stories here and here.

I know it's a rodent, but it's kind of cute. Seriously though, is that guy in the story holding a wild Patagonian Cavy? That's a taking a bit of a chance, eh?

What other odd animals do you know of? Come on, freak us out.

Dahlia_Rayn

Cavies are soooo cute! They are incredible pets, and make the cutest little noises, you wouldn't even believe. I have a pair of sugar gliders, which are little marsupials native to Australia, mine were bred in captivity though. They look a little bit like chipmunks but have gigantic eyes, for you see they are nocturnal creatures.
Sugar Gliders - Google Image Search

However, I spent some time in the employ of an exotic pet store, so I could name a few animals that are rather odd! Like the kinkajou, which is a raccoon relative native to South America, and it rumored to be the type of animal that got peeved at Paris Hilton and attacked her!

Google Image Search

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia_Rayn
Cavies are soooo cute! They are incredible pets, and make the cutest little noises, you wouldn't even believe. I have a pair of sugar gliders, which are little marsupials native to Australia, mine were bred in captivity though. They look a little bit like chipmunks but have gigantic eyes, for you see they are nocturnal creatures.
Sugar Gliders - Google Image Search

However, I spent some time in the employ of an exotic pet store, so I could name a few animals that are rather odd! Like the kinkajou, which is a raccoon relative native to South America, and it rumored to be the type of animal that got peeved at Paris Hilton and attacked her!

Google Image Search

Aww, those Sugar Gliders are cute!! They kinda remind me of the creatures in the Madagascar movie, just miniaturized!

MAC_Whore

I am loving those Sugar Gliders. Do they fly from bookshelf to bookshelf or off of railings?

How about an Okapi?

Okapi.jpg

Wiki on Okapi. They look like short giraffes with zebra trousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia_Rayn
...... Like the kinkajou, which is a raccoon relative native to South America, and it rumored to be the type of animal that got peeved at Paris Hilton and attacked her!

Google Image Search

I like those Kinkajous already. Anything that tries to eat Paris gets props from me.

Dahlia_Rayn

My female glider doesn't glide much, she likes to perch on my shoulder. My male glider however insists it's the best thing in the world to climb to the top of my 8 foot tall bookshelf and glide right onto my head with a loud thump as I sit unawares below him!

The okapi is super cute! And I love Aye Ayes! They are so ugly they are cute!

What about the Tapir?

Tapir - Google Image Search

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Liger and Tigon. Lions crossbred with tigers.

That reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.

CantAffordMAC

Wow, an Okapi? That is so unique lookin! And that little aye aye...aww

I don't even know of any weird animals. I'm sure all I have to do is walk out of my house though, and an odd bug will come flying at me.
thud.gif

Briar

I know everyone's heard of these but I think they're proof that Mother Nature does have a sense of humor:
2435731548_a896824718_o.jpg

The platypus is such a facinating critter. Its a mammal but lays eggs, has a poisinous claw on the hind feet, and then there's that bill. Freaky!

Le-Saboteur

Me too
ssad.gif

This thread is nuts, all these crazy ass animals running around. Wtf is with that Aye Aye, that's one of the scariest things I've ever seen. I really want a Sugar Glider though, so cuuuute. The donkeyrabbitthing is also adorable, it has the hugest eyes ever.

We don't have any (native) weird animals here, and I've never seen anything in person that is truly odd.

But... there is the Amazon Horned frog, which sometimes looks like Hypnotoad, and other times looks like this;

ornate_horned_frog_med.jpg

Frogs kind of freak me out. Once you pick them up it takes ages to get the frog smell of your hands >.<

spectrolite

These are two of my favorites >_<

The tree Kangaroo and the Sloth! So cute.

060207_lost_world.jpg

sloth.jpg

And the sugar glider totally reminds me of "MoMo" from Samurai Champloo!