Okay.. so I bought some concealer/powder...

OrangeSquirrel

I am a total newbie to using it! I usually just use moisturizer on my skin but I need to cover up the dark spots under my eyes and some redness on my face.
How do I apply it so it doesn't look caked on? I know that the concealer needs to be patted on with fingertips, but what about the powder? Should I be using a tool other than the little fluffy puff that comes with it?
I feel so silly asking all these questions. hehe
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
smiles.gif

-Lauren

jasper17

I usually use a big, fluffy brush for powder. It seems like with the puffs it gets kind of mask-like but the brush seems to have better control and a smoother, cleaner look.

With concealer, I use just a tiny bit at a time and put a tiny dab on the bit that needs to be covered then I pat, kind of going a bit around the area where the spot is, until it's all blended.

Miss_MAC

continue using ur moisturizer..then ur concealer doing the spot treatment thing...ok assuming u dont use foundation get a Powder brush (I found a really good one at Target by Sonia Kashuk) and dust it over ur face..i like to do it in circular motions for some reason. Then if it stil looks cakey..I usually apply a little bit of MAC strobe cream over my powder right on the cheekbones then i finish with my Fix+ spray..it really does take the powdery look away.