'Old' MAC brush sets (red-Matt Murphy) VS the new Holiday '05 sets? TIA! (more...)

MuaCat

Hello,

(Please be gentle with me... this is only my 2nd post here!
smiles.gif
)
th_worship.gif

I've heard the MAC mini brush sets are not as good of quality as their full size brushes - true?

I've also heard the new Holiday '05 sets are better quality... than the older sets.

How would you say the quality of the new ones (if you've seen them yet) compare with the red/Matt Murphy set?

Thanks! (Cool site...)

~Heather

midnightlouise

I haven't seen them yet, but I know lots of people will be getting them (if they haven't already!) so you ought to be getting answers soon! I was kind of curious about this myself. The Printout and the Tailormade sets I have are good but they're not as good a quality as my Diana short handled brushes. Wonder why that is? I love the short handles! I'll be interested to know how they all compare. I wish they could all be like my Diana brushes *insert wistful sigh*
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Welcome, of course we'll be gentle!

I do recall hearing but please don't formally quote me on this - that the red Matt Murphy brush sets are very good quality in comparison to the more recent short-handled holiday sets.

And yes, generally speaking, full-size brushes are supposed to be better than the short-handled ones. I've been told this, again informally, by several MAC brush lovers and haven't actually bought any short-handles as a result. I figure I might as well spend a lot on something decent and long-lasting. Even though the sets are awfully cute!

As for the new holiday sets, I wait with bated breath to hear what they're like!

MuaCat

Thanks and Hello Again... (more...)

Hi again,

Now that some of you already have one of the (GORGEOUS) 2005 Holiday Brush Sets... could you possibly comment on how they compare to the red Matt Murphy set? I'm really curious...

Also, how do they compare to the full-sized brushes?

Thanks again,
~Heather

(Thanks to all those who posted the wonderful pics too! Your pictures look better than those on the websites selling them!)
smiles.gif
th_worship.gif

Susan

I have the red Murphy brush set and several full size MAC brushes in addition to a gazillion from other brands. I am a brush ho, LOL. The last two brush sets from Tailormade and this holiday are very poor quality in comparison IMHO. My jaw dropped when I saw them in person. I don't want to offend the many people buying them, but I strongly suggest investing in MAC full size, or other quality brands before buying these sets. They are poorly cut, sub-par bristles, have fraying hairs that fall out easily, and are not at all similar. They look wonderful online though!

Peaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan
I have the red Murphy brush set and several full size MAC brushes in addition to a gazillion from other brands. I am a brush ho, LOL. The last two brush sets from Tailormade and this holiday are very poor quality in comparison IMHO. My jaw dropped when I saw them in person. I don't want to offend the many people buying them, but I strongly suggest investing in MAC full size, or other quality brands before buying these sets. They are poorly cut, sub-par bristles, have fraying hairs that fall out easily, and are not at all similar. They look wonderful online though!

Thanks for posting that. I was thinking about purchasing the Teal 5-brush Stashette because I love the design but I wont bother if the quality isnt there. Cheers xx