Orlando, FL?

siawby

Hi everyone....wasn't too sure if this should be posted here on in Recs..but here goes...
I'll be travelling to Orlando for a conference (and of course, some Disney fun) 7/7-7/12 and was just wondering how the weather is over there and how I should pack? (I'm from Washington State...so have no idea
hmm.gif
)
And though I'd love to haul every makeup item I have to Orlando, are there things I really won't be needing due to the weather there?
Also, any recs on fun places/stores to check out would be greatly greatly appreciated~~
eyelove.gif
I'm interested in everything, hahaha!
Thanks in advance~~

zdazzle

I live here in Orlando, FL and work off of International Drive. This time of year is very hot, and it rains just about every evening (which I actually like because it cools it off outside). If you plan on going to Disney, I would go in the morning or mid-day, because more than likely you will catch rain in the evening. I would also suggest packing light on the makeup. As I said, it's hot here, so you basically just want to bring the basics if you are planning to be outside a lot and visiting a lot of places. There's nothing worse than having a lot of makeup on and being in the heat.

I would suggest going to International Drive. There are a lot of restaurants, shops, and fun/interesting places to visit there. The 2 best malls, in my opinion are The Florida Mall off of Sand Lake Rd (which has a MAC store along with several other stores) and The Mall at Millenia off of Conroy (which also has a MAC store that sell many Pro items, along with other stores like Coach, Gucci, Burbery, etc).

Hope you have a great time in Orlando, and let me know if you have any more questions about the area.

Here are a few sites to check out:

http://goflorida.about.com/od/attractio2/Things_to_Do_In_Orlando.htm

http://orlandocitybeat.metromix.com/

Jill35

I live in Orlando. Bring an umbrella for sure. I can rain at anytime in the summer. Bring sunblock & use it because the sun is very hot down here. It will be humid in July so bring cool, loose clothing.

If you want to shop, Millenia Mall is the best. The MAcy's is really nice and there is a MAC pro store there. The Neimun Marcus sells very hig end make up as well. And the Florida Mall has a Sephora.

If you're going to Disney, bring comfy shoes.

I hope you have fun while you're here
smiles.gif

siawby

Oh lovelies...thank you soooo much for the great ideas. I've written them down in my travel planning book! Now I'm so excited since I feel more prepared about the weather. Ok....so just light makeup thingys for the formal meetings, and then bare face with tons of sunscreen for the people watching with rain poncho just in case? LOL