Paint -- how does it change shadow color?

Laurahead108

So, I'm really attracted to the Paints as an e/s base and subtle colorant, but I'm not clear on if or how they change the color of the shadow that goes on top. If I wear something neutral like Untitled, do I have to compensate for it color-wise? if so, how should I change my shadow color choices?

Many thanks,
laura

Sanne

I think a neutral paint like untitled won't change the e/s color much only if you have a dark skin. the base will effect the e/s color, because the e/s is always a bit transparent.
for example: you can put the green paint underneath a green e/s to make it more vibrant, or put a green paint underneath an aqua-eyeshadow to bring out the green.

ebonyannette

I have put different colors on top of paints it does change the tint a little bit. I put mulch over flammable and My Lord it was the ugliest thing I have ever seen!!
You can do complimenting colors though I put Beauty Marked over Flammable and it looked gorgeous, so it depends I think the shade should somewhat compliment or coordinate with the paint.
As far as using the neautral paints, they dont change the color at all in fact they make them brighter in my opinion cause you get the true color.

lara

Neutral paints that are similar to your skintone won't unduely affect eyeshadow pigmentation any more than your natrual skintone would.
Coloured paints can be used to alter, enhance or subtract eyeshadow pigmentation.
smiles.gif

(Flammable paint underneath Swish eyeshadow? Smokin' hot lolly pink.
smiles.gif
)

YvetteJeannine

Ebonyanette Wrote:

Quote:
I have put different colors on top of paints it does change the tint a little bit. I put mulch over flammable and My Lord it was the ugliest thing I have ever seen!!

lmao.gif
Dying!!!!

d_flawless

if you use a colored paint, expect a lighter e/s color to change in tone...
i.e., base light paint with retrospeck e/s, it turns kinda a soft lemon color

liquidsirenhoney

neutral paints don't really seem to change the color they seem to make them brighter...colored paints just iuntensify or bring out undertones of the shadows...i love paints.

Latest posts