Paints as a Base

Joke

Hi!

So I'm really tempted to try the paints as a base idea.
Which paints do I need?
I use a lot of greens, blues, browns, peaches, greys (well alll actually
smiles.gif
).
Any other tips?

TIA

veilchen

I just love to use paints as a base!

For a neutral base I love to use Bare Canvas and Stillife (or Base Light, they're such lovely shimmery golds). Under greens I like Chartru and under browns I really like Sublime Nature. I'm quite fair and for me this one is enough to make the brown stand out even more, but if you also like something darker you might like to have a look at Structural Brown. Under pinks and peaches I use Canton Candy - this gives really a kick. And under greys I opt for Shimma ...

If you are interested in getting several paints you might like the Mini Paints that come out with the Holiday Temptations (though I've got no idea when we poor Europeans will get those) so that you can try a couple. If I remember correctly the set will carry Canton Candy, Chartru, Shimma and Bare Canvas ...

HTH!!

pumpkincat210

I suggest stilife as an everyday base. The mini paints are good too, you get 4, in pink,green, silver, and champagne colors.. I looooove paints and don't know how I ever lived without them!

Isis

Really I think it despends on your skin tones as to what you might like to use. Since I'm so pale (NW15) I use Bare Canvase. But I deffinitelly agree with the other girls. Get the Paint set and you'll have your 4 basics
smiles.gif
Bare Canvase (under anything), Cotton Candy (for your pinks/purples), Chartru (greens), Shimma (blues/purples).

curlyqmishee

My MAC MU recommended STILIFE and it's great. It does not hinder the color of the shadow and gives great staying power. She told me to use it only on the lid and to use concealer on the brow bone area.

STILIFE is great!

scrapbookromance

are paints usually applied all over the lid or can you blend a couple paints together as you would your eyeshadow? like if I wanted to do a green/purple look, could I use cotton candy and chartu?

Joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilchen
I just love to use paints as a base!

For a neutral base I love to use Bare Canvas and Stillife (or Base Light, they're such lovely shimmery golds). Under greens I like Chartru and under browns I really like Sublime Nature. I'm quite fair and for me this one is enough to make the brown stand out even more, but if you also like something darker you might like to have a look at Structural Brown. Under pinks and peaches I use Canton Candy - this gives really a kick. And under greys I opt for Shimma ...

If you are interested in getting several paints you might like the Mini Paints that come out with the Holiday Temptations (though I've got no idea when we poor Europeans will get those) so that you can try a couple. If I remember correctly the set will carry Canton Candy, Chartru, Shimma and Bare Canvas ...

HTH!!

That's really helpfull! Thank you!
Thank you all for these great tips!

mona

i'm so glad to hear about using paints as base! i suggested that to the MA and she looked at me like i was crazy and sugguested i use concealer.

veilchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke
That's really helpfull! Thank you!
Thank you all for these great tips!

You're very welcome! I'm glad I could be of any use!!

mjacqueline

scrapbookromance,

I have tried using chartus on the lids and bare canvas on the brow area. It looks okay to me.
smiles.gif

scrapbookromance

so last night I got the mini paints and I tried them out for the first time this morning (along with my Trend eye pallette) and I used bare canvas as my base under tease n teal, satin taupe, and gingersoft - WOW its been over 8 hours and I have no creasing and the colors haven't faded at all like they used to before I used paints. this stuff is incredible!! I can't wait to try the other three paints in the set!

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke
Hi!

So I'm really tempted to try the paints as a base idea.
Which paints do I need?
I use a lot of greens, blues, browns, peaches, greys (well alll actually
smiles.gif
).
Any other tips?

TIA

Stilife and Bare Canvas would be great ones to start out with. Both of them are nude (Stilife looks more peachy IMO) shades, except Stilife has shimmer and Bare Canvas really doesn't. ♥

Latest posts