Pearl Ccb :)

queenofdisaster

is this a good eyeshadow base? can someone please show me a pic or describe what it looks like in the pot? pleaseeeeee and thanks in advance!
thmbup.gif

Winthrop44

It's literally the color of a pearl...kind of whitish but with a sheen. If you have oily lids I wouldn't recommend it as a base. If you have older, crepey lids like me, then yes. Hope this helps.

kimmy

IMO, shadesticks work MUCH better as bases than CCBs. alot of people use a really thin, dabbed on layer of CCB over paints to make the eyeshadow colours more vibrant, i've heard they're really good when used in combination with the paints
winks.gif
HTH!

liquidsirenhoney

i have a few ccb's my MA told me they should have sold me pearl instead of luna, i personally love them and use them ore than paints.....i like pearl a lot they uised it on me at an event i never had problems with it creasing guess it just depends on oyur skin type.

Caderas

an MA recommended me luna ccb and instead i bought pearl ccb and i loved it for awhile and started realizing how creased it got on me. of course i started learning since i have oily lids then of course it wouldn't work. now i use a laura gellar base that works absolutely fantastic. but, lesson is... oily lids = a no no for ccb's as bases on eyes. dryer lids i'm sure would definetly work!

bellaetoile

i've always had problems with CCBs as bases, and i don't have oily or problematic skin. it's a sheer, shimmery, white color, and i've found overcast shadestick works every bit as well, if not better, than pearl. with the shadestick, make sure you apply it to your finger, than to your lid. it blends better, and goes on smoother, as the warmth from your finger heats the product.

queenofdisaster

thanks for your suggestions and feedback...
eyelove.gif
i've never had a problem with creasing at all, my lids are rather dry, and i've been using paints... but from the fotd's i've seen and the other recommendations i've gotten, i think a ccb would give me the vibrancy i need so i'm gonna have to try one!!
smiles.gif

Shawna

The real trick to using ccb's is to keep the product below and out of your crease. I have pearl and I love it. It is the best thing for pigment application because it is sticky and grabs the colour really well.

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
The real trick to using ccb's is to keep the product below and out of your crease. I have pearl and I love it. It is the best thing for pigment application because it is sticky and grabs the colour really well.

cheerleader.gif
pigment application: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

neotrad

I'm NC15 and have combination skin. I've tried shadesticks and CCBs as base, and I prefer CCBs, especially LUNA. (Shadesticks were rather dry on my skin.) And I compared Pearl and Luna on me, and Luna made eyeshadows/pigments look more vivid than Pearl did. But some of my friends who have darker skin say they prefer Pearl to Luna. So I think it depends on what skin tone you are. Here are the pictures of Pearl and Luna in the pots. They may look a little different in person from how they look on your computer screen.
smiles.gif

https://www.max-cosmetics.com/cargo/datahtml/pearl.jpg
https://www.max-cosmetics.com/cargo/datahtml/luna.jpg

Oh! and I recommend MAC #242 brush for applying pigments on CCBs.

Latest posts