perfect low maintence look. help!

HapaDynazty

i need a perfect low maintence look. my problem is my face looks really made up without even putting a lot of makeup on - i either look like i have NOTHING on (people think i dont wear any makeup) or overly done. i need some good colors for in between.

i am an nc35, i have light freckles, i have medium/dark brown hair, brown eyes - im of japanese, italian and norwegian heritage... so i have a unique sort of face - maybe makes me hard to work with?

can anyone help me with a picture of some color ideas of what should be used on my face?

i feel like this is an ongoing problem..

for example, i try to do "natural" eye looks for the daytime - i try to put eyeshadow on with a lighter hand but it ends up looking splotchy...

someone help!

Beauty Mark

If your skin is decent, you can get away with just a tinted moisturizer.

For lips, a little bit of gloss. Go a shade darker than your natural lip color for some extra color.

For your eyes, a dark to medium brown eyeliner and black mascara.

It's not an exciting face, but it'll look natural and give you some oomph without being too much.

Hawkeye

I gotta agree with Beautymark
smiles.gif
She's wonderful
smiles.gif

It's hard without a picture, but I saw this on Style her famous-you know that show with the guy who has that grey hair (ew!) but he was doing a style her famous with Jessica Alba-so this is where I'm pulling my inspiration from.

Use MAC Bare Canvas from lashline to browbone so it's not so splotchy.

Or Use a highlighter like MAC Vanilla Pigment put on the inner corner of the eyes and on the browbone, use a dark brown e/s (Mac Mystery) and line your lashes then use Mascara a thickening one.

Then a bronzer and a peachy blush (Mac Bronzer + Style)

then use a l/l and then a l/s strip+Hug Me+ Clear lipglass?

d_flawless

brown liner, woodwinked on lid, mascara + an eyelash curl, maybe a little concealer, add a touch of blush and some gloss and you're set. add brows if you have to...that would seriously take me three minutes, and you won't look dead, since you'll have a little color on your face!
smiles.gif
hth

HapaDynazty

heres a pic kinda old - i dont have any pix of me only except for when i was tan

may12057.jpg

ninafacepink.jpg

thanks for the comments so quick i will def try to put sum bare canvas on the bottom

i tried udpp but for some reason that is too drying for my eyelids???

Hawkeye

YOU are GORGEOUS!!

Definately try BareCanvas you could totally pull off that Jessica Alba look. Just keep in mind these three things- Luminous Skin, Full Lashes, glossy lips.

Seriously though I dont think you need makeup, you look absolutely beautiful!

Also what you may want to do at night before you go to bed (and I *HATE* suggesting this but I have to do it also) is put an eye moisturizer on your eye because IMHO the UDPP is VERY drying but I think with the extra moisturizer + the paints it wont look so yucky
smiles.gif

This picture is just to show you my inspiration
smiles.gif
If you wanted to copy her just do the above and use Mulch/patina in the crease mystery as an e/l full lashes and dervish l/l+Prr lipgloss

jessica-alba-large.jpg

kimmy

you're really pretty Hapa! i know how you feel, if i wear any makeup at all it doesn't look natural. the only i way i can get a natural look is to use NOTHING at all (i'm Irish, so my natural hair colour is a pale reddish blonde, so even mascara is tricky when i'm trying to get a natural look)for you, i'd suggest something like this:

tinted moisturizer of your choice
MAC Beige-ing s/s all over the eyes as a base
MAC Filament e/s as a wash over the eyelids
MAC Vanilla pigment as a brow highlighter
MAC Omega e/s in the eyelid crease
MAC Duck e/l on the top lashline, blended and softened upwards
MAC Zoomblack mascara
MAC Cute blush or MAC Golden bronzer
MAC Luminary lustreglass

HTH!

HapaDynazty

thanks for the compliments i will def try these looks!!! thanks for the help!

amd i just looove jessica alba

Latest posts