Permanant concealer nightmare

Sushi_Flower

I have really bad eye circes and i mean REALLY bad. I am Indian with light brown skin so mine are always going to be worse anyway, they are almost black bruised looking and i have had them permanantly now for a long time so have given up hope to try getting rid of them and just want to cover them up nicely.
I used to use Studio Select concealer but i went off it and tried some other brands and wasted money and then discovered Moisture Cover which i love and still do because of the texture but my eye circles still look awful with it on but better than naked i guess.
I have to apply about 3 layers of it with powder in between. After i apply a layer the circles look better but then i take a step back and look at my whole face and they're still very visible but just look kind of under a light veil so i apply another layer by which time it is all wet looking and creases straight away so i have to apply powder to set it. Then i will apply some other makeup and look at my face overall and see that the circles are still visible (i'm not being critical on myself, they really do look awfull) and just look like they're covered up weakly so i apply an extra layer and that seems to do the job but i need to set it again with powder. Finally i have circles which seem as covered up as possible but they are still visible and the concealer is visible and the texture under my eyes isn't how i'd want it but for now it's better than leaving them naked.

Any help?!!

selina

I am West Indian of East Indian Descent and my cousins seem to have this this problem also -- they swear by dermablend

Scrangie

I don't have indian skin, in fact, I'm pretty pale... But Dermablend can cover a multitude of sins.

it covers the stupid broken vein thing on my leg too. ^_^

ms.marymac

Hmmm...Are they a really dark purple color? Have you tried using a color correcting concealer under your regular concealer? It seems like you would need to neutralize the color and bring the color up to a lighter tone. Does Dermablend have concealers like this?

KMFH

Try out Kevyn Aucoin SSE, SUPER thick, will cover anything, lasts forever, a LOT less dry than dermablend, smoother texture than dermablend.
Oh, and a nice color range as well!

Austrian_Babe

hm...I´d recommend Dermablend too, or Bobbi Brown Color Corrector AND Creamy Concealer.

as a last resort: I heard you can have body fat injected under your eyes (for about $1000.-) too plump up the tissue and reduce dark circles. I just saw this on TV once and the girl looked like someone punched her and afterwards she looked "normal" again.