Picky friend who only likes neutrals

pinkmilk

Ok... heres the deal:

Im buying a friend of mine some MAC makeup because she's never satisfied with any of the other ones she has... problem is she only likes neutrals and im sooo into bright colors...

shes also has small japanese asian eyes and hates having a "harsh line" as she likes to call it.

Ive gotten a suggestion from a friend to get goldbit so i had already purchased that because its LE.

What are other neutral colors that match well with that. She is slightly tan but still pretty light.

I was thinking of getting patina, gorgeous gold and maybe some brownish color... what do you guys think?

user2

Oh I know that problem...one of my former friends was a Filipina and she also only liked neutral colors!
She always looked at Retrospeck and Sumptuous Olive! And maybe Woodwinked...
Also golden shades are very nice!

ladida

My favourite neutrals are shroom, satin taupe and... era (pause because I had to thinka bout it rather than for dramatic effect).

Not sure if she'd like them but they're well worth checking out (especially first two).

misswilliam

i rec. shroom, mulch, and satin taupe
smiles.gif

jess98765

i think woodwinked, bronze, or even give her cranberry- it's not exactly neutral coloured but it's quite close to a darky/ neutral/ brown colour. I use to only be into the neutrals too, but i merged into the red/ orange cateegory and now am totally into all colours. So if you try and give her a real basic new colour, she might actually like it. She'll never know until she gives it a go.....

Jennifer Mcfly

Satin Taupe
Arena
Star Nova
Antiqued
Naked Lunch

these are all very neutral, but not your basic boring brown and beige!
Good Luck!!

so_siqqq

I too like neutral colors a lot and I am Vietnamese so my skin is tan but still light as well. So Patina is a must for neutrals. Also Mulch, Retrospeck, Satin Taupe, Woodwinked, Brule, and Smut are some of my favorites.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
Oh I know that problem...one of my former friends was a Filipina and she also only liked neutral colors!

Sounds like me, except I'm only half, and much more into bright colours!

The ones I've tried and I'd say my colouring is similar: Woodwinked, Sumptuous Olive (though I always wear it over Naturalism paint or it looks too silvery on me), Behold & Dovefeather while still available, Banshee is good too but perhaps more as a highlighter.

Bit harder to find, but the Sweet Tea quad had some fab neutrals in it; Buttersilk, Green Tea, Sweet Lust & Red Coco. Though SL is more highlighter-ish.

pinkmilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess98765
great colours!! what a great friend you are too!! That must have cost ya quite a bit
smiles.gif

yea... ahaha i duno i just thought it would be nice...

mspixieears

Damn! Knew I forgot one; too late now as you've bought some, but Mink Pink is a favourite neutral of mine. Drat!