Pig Q's and recs please :)

Wattage

So I have only recently ventured into buying the full jar piggies. I knew this was going to be the achilles heal of my MAC addiction so I put it off as long as possible. Now that I do have some, I have a few questions about them! TIA my lovlies
smiles.gif

1. Do you keep the little plastic piece at the top? I think I will keep it, I guess I am just wondering what others do. I like to use it to grab a little product but realize this could be achieved through using the lid as well.

2. Do you store your piggies in other smaller containers for frequent use? I keep opening them and having mild anxiety at the thought of spilling an entire jar, esp. my LE ones. I would die.

3. And last, when you mix your pig with mixing medium, water, etc., what do you mix it in? Do you keep a separate jar of mixed pig? I don't know what to use to mix a little because sometimes I mix too much and then the plastic lid is wet and I don't want to put it back on the jar but I don't want to waste it either.

LOL I am very strange and anal... I know. Your experiences, suggestions and recs are completely appreciated!

greengrin.gif

luminious

1. No
2. I leave them in their orginal jars
3. I use Fix+ and I just spray it right on the brush

YvetteJeannine

If you are scared of spilling why don't you put a sample of the ones you use frequently into a little sample container? Your fear is not unfounded..accidents happen!! That's what I'm going to do when I get my full jars of Pigments. My cat is always jumping up to "visit" me wherever I do my makeup, (especially if it's on the bathroom vanity, as he likes to drink from the faucet and if that's where I'm applying my MU, then that's where he is!!) and he's SOOOO clumsy (I've never seen a clumsier feline
rofl.gif
) he's always knocking things over!! So, anyway, my point is yes...put them in smaller containers!!!

Wattage

Thanks Ladies. I will probably put some in smaller jars that I use often as I too have a cat that is curious and seems to love all things makeup (esp. my brushes!).

Thanks luminious for the tip to spray on the brush
smiles.gif

asnbrb

1. Yes
2. Yes, because I'm anal when it comes to everything "matching", including the sample containers. Also, I'm extremely clumsy and don't want to risk a whole jar of LE piggie going down the tubes!
3. With mixing medium, I bought an artist's palette (it has six indentations where you can mix paint) and I mix it in there. With Fix +, I'll spray it on the brush.

user79

I keep the lids of mine. I don't put them in smaller jars. When I use mixing medium I mix in a small dish, a petri dish would work really well for this.

mspixieears

1. I keep the plastic bit

2. definitely put frequently-used ones into smaller sample screw-top containers (being the klutz that I am!)

3. depending on how much pigment I'm using, I use the back of my hand to mix smaller amounts, or the lids of sample jars, or even the sample jars (as I like to mix pigments with clear lipglass)

Hikaru-chan

1. Yes I keep the plastic cap because I find without it the pigment makes a mess in the lid and on the rim of the jar.
2. No but I think I probably should as I'm quite clumsy.
3. I mix pigments on the back of my hand.

Classic Beauty

1. Yes.

2. No, but I should. All of my pigments except pink opal are LE. Where can I purchase some?

3. I've never mixed pigments, so I can't help you there.
smiles.gif

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Beauty

2. No, but I should. All of my pigments except pink opal are LE. Where can I purchase some?

You can purchase lil containers at the freestanding and pro stores
greengrin.gif
Exciting!!

Wattage

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the help! I will def. be picking up some fix +. I have been mixing on the little plastic lid and so far this seems OK. Maybe when I get a little more wild and daring I will buy a palette to mix - so arteest of you ladies!

Thanks everyone for their replies
smiles.gif

Latest posts