pigment recommendations !!

eye_pr0mise

i have no pigments whatsoever. and i want to start now
smiles.gif
but now my problem is what pigment to get. ssooo i need your recommendations pleeasse .. thanks in advance .

..kels*

my favourites are violet, teal, melon & rose. but rose can be difficult to work with.. it's a lot more glittery & it takes a lot more effort to get it to show up correctly. (on me, at least)

ohhhhhthehorror

I really like Softwash Grey, if you can still find it.
I use Grape, Golden Olive and Pink Pearl alot too.
Oh, and Goldenaire if you can find it, it's my favorite.

MAChostage

Vanilla

Vanilla pigment is pretty much essential. It's a wonderful staple pigment that's right for everyone.

scrapbookromance

softwash gray, if you can still find it, is awesome. depending on the base you can make it look silver/gray, purple, or blue hued.

eowyn797

i second the vote for Goldenaire. or Melon. everyone seems to love Vanilla, but i have a Vanilla e/s, so i never bothered to get the pigment.

the ones i use most are White Gold, Steel Blue, Accent Red, Golden Olive and Gold Dusk.

user79

I love Goldenaire, Blue Brown and Bright Fuchsia the most out of my pigment collection.

bellaetoile

first of all, i'd recommend getting a bunch of pigment samples from someone trustworthy (for example: NOT on ebay), because it allows you to get smaller quantities of more colors, then you can purchase larger sizes if you like the shades. a 1/4 teaspoon sample lasts quite a few uses, and samples are a great way to try new colors. some of my favorites are:

vanilla and melon as light shimmery highlight colors.
deep blue green, grape, ruby red as darker crease colors.
blue (either RR or original), bright fuschia, acid orange, coco beach, golden lemon.

antirazor

I really like naked. It's an amazing neutral-y color that just melts into my skin and highlights it. I never hear anyone else talk about it, but I really feel like it's a staple shade.

kimmy

i'd suggest buying some pigment samples, as a few other people here have said. i bought 10+ pigment samples here on Specktra, and i LOVE them all! my favourites are Vanilla (a must have, IMO, for a highlighter), Goldenaire (get this if you can, it's LE, but it's absolutely gorgeous!), Rose, Blue Steel and Cornflower
smiles.gif

you may even be able to score some pigment samples from your local MAC counter/store. just ask the MA when they ring you up, the worst they could say is "no."
winks.gif
they'll only give you enough for 1-2 applications though, but it will still give you an idea of whether or not you want to spend 20$ on a full sized pigment jar
greengrin.gif

Latest posts