Pigment recommendations...

user2

I love using Deckchair as a highlighter!
Copper Sparkle is perfect for making blue eyes pop and I loooove my Pink Pearl pigment!

martygreene

Naked, Vanilla, and Chocolate Brown are my most commonly used permanent collection shades. Provence and Coco are also up there in my usage rotation, however they were limited edition shades.

pumpkincat210

Thanks for the suggestions, I see the neutrals seem to be the favorites..
Now what do you think about purchasing samples so there isn't a commitment? I hear a little goes along way with the more pigmented colors. I keep trying to buy blue brown but its always sold out at the MAC store
ssad.gif

devilgirl17

I would agree that Golden Olive is great. Coco is a fantastic neutral. Deckchair is my fav of all time. Vanilla is good as a highlighter. Tan is also a good neutral. If I'm looking for color I reach for Grape (it is the perfect purple), but I think it's Pro.

mac_obsession

What I use most are violet, pink opal, vanilla, cornflower, deep purple, green, chartreuse and golden olive of course.

As for samples, go for it, I usually buy 1/2 teaspoon samples instead of 1/8 or 1/4, that way you actually get a bunch of uses out of em.

Samples are really good when you're unsure of a color.
Or you could wait for the holiday mini pigments...Generally they have some really nice colors in there
smiles.gif

PrimpinKitty

I wouldn't buy samples if there is a MAC store around you. You could just go in and ask for one (or two, or three...)

If it's rare/dc/le then I might buy, but otherwise...