PIGMENTS: copper sparkle and pink bronze

choseck

Out of all my pigments, sample or full-sized, I realize that I'm never even tempted to go for Copper Sparkle or Pink Bronze. Is there anyone who uses these on a regular basis and absolutetly adores them? If so, how do you use them? Copper Sparkle, to me just seems like a glitter - with no color payoff, unless there is some trick to using it that I'm not aware of.

I'm curious about this!
hmm.gif

cloverette

i don't like copper sparkle, but LOVE pink bronze! i use a light shade in the inner corner of the eye (like goldenaire pigment, jest e/s, or lovebud e/s), pink bronze in the middle, and a dark brown shade in the outer corner of the eye & crease (like coco beach pigment or sable e/s)... blend nicely, and voila! so beautiful!

i haven't tried the following myself, but read great reviews: pink bronze as blush and/or with clear lipgloss on the lips!

stellarx1587

Don't like Copper Sparkle??? Whoa! w/ no color payoff? That's a first! Well I always wear Copper Sparkle on top of Mangomix or Penny s/s. I use a stiff flat e/s brush and pat it on rather than brushing it on the lid. In the crease, dark browns, greens, and blue's look absolutely beautiful. Pink Bronze is really pretty too. I wear that pigment on top of Canton Candy Paint. I like wearing that color w/ pinks, purples, dark brown... etc. HTH!!!

eowyn797

patting instead of brushing is deff the way to go with pigments if you have trouble getting them to show up, like stellarx1587 said.

i actually use one of the recs from that big ol' list page and it includes both of those pigments: "Penny s/s as a base, Pink Bronze Pigment on the inner lid, Copper Sparkle Pigment on the outer lid, Nocturnelle in the crease, Cranberry on the inner crease, Beauty Marked on the upper outer corners, Motif to highlight, Blacktrack to line, Breezy Blush." (http://www.fairytale22.org/dusty/)

csuthetaphi

I absolutely adore Pink Bronze. I think it may just be my favorite pigment. It looks so pretty as an e/s with either Penny or Mangomix shadestick as a base.

As a blush...wow...its so pretty, you must try it! It is such a unique color on the cheeks. Especially if you have a bit of a tan. I haven't used it as a lipgloss yet, but I plan on it. One day I am going to do a monochromatic face with Pink Bronze on the eyes, cheeks, and lips.

lightnlovly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarx1587
Don't like Copper Sparkle??? Whoa! w/ no color payoff? That's a first! Well I always wear Copper Sparkle on top of Mangomix or Penny s/s. I use a stiff flat e/s brush and pat it on rather than brushing it on the lid. In the crease, dark browns, greens, and blue's look absolutely beautiful. Pink Bronze is really pretty too. I wear that pigment on top of Canton Candy Paint. I like wearing that color w/ pinks, purples, dark brown... etc. HTH!!!

I agree completely! I love copper sparkle (I also use it over mango mix ss) I tend to wear it w/ Humid (or other deep greens) in the crease....I don't have pink bronze--but it sures sounds pretty **adds to long list of Mac wants**

BlahWah

Pink Bronze as blush is sooo pretty! I also use it instead of Expensive Pink, since I haven't picked that up yet (it's not _really_ close, but it satisfies for now). I haven't used Copper Sparkle that much since it flaked everywhere (copper lashes and cheeks!), but since I've picked up Fix+ I love using it along the lashline. Recently I used it w/ Base Light paint, Old Gold pigment on the lid, Honesty e/s in the crease, and Copper Sparkle right along the lashline with the line a bit thicker towards the inner corner. I've gotta experiment a bit more now that I have Fix+ (Steamy e/s? Rose pigment? Dazzlelight pigment?), but it's definitely workable, don't give up on it!

Latest posts