Pigments Im clueless!

Deirdre13

I'm not new to make up at all but Im totally new to Pigments. I use Mac lip glosses and Studio Fix now and I kept hearing about Pigments.(20 of them I thought I would start with) So I have a ton of samples in 1/4 teaspoon sizes... or I will when they are shipped to me. The question is I dont know how to use them wet? do they stay if applied dry and what about the glitter ones? Is there another simple base I can use on my eye before I apply to make it stay longer without doing a full wet application.

thank you so much for any suggestions about these products!
type.gif
wavey.gif

Caderas

i can't help you with glitters since i don't own any, but for pigments...

if you use a really good base then they will stick well enough just dry. there are many threads about favorite bases that many people use here too. if you don't use a base then some of them with a certain texture will stick, but not all. some can fall off even with a base so you have to put on a few layers. either way, the base [depending on what color] can make the color change and most likely be more bright and stand out. and for using them wet, it's the best to use the mixing medium that mac makes. another way is to damp the brush with a bit of water then pick up the pigment and apply it.

hope i helped!

Deirdre13

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourful_addiction
i can't help you with glitters since i don't own any, but for pigments...

if you use a really good base then they will stick well enough just dry. there are many threads about favorite bases that many people use here too. if you don't use a base then some of them with a certain texture will stick, but not all. some can fall off even with a base so you have to put on a few layers. either way, the base [depending on what color] can make the color change and most likely be more bright and stand out. and for using them wet, it's the best to use the mixing medium that mac makes. another way is to damp the brush with a bit of water then pick up the pigment and apply it.

hope i helped!

that did help, yes thanks!
smiles.gif
I realize my question was slightly silly as I went and did some reading on the pigments and they work like shadow only loose. I do wear a base and might get a new eye primer. Im kinda sorry when I did the ordering I didnt do a bit more research as I would have selected far more non glitter pigments and more normal though Im sure if I like them I can always get more. Again thanks for the help!
cheerleader.gif

queenofdisaster

they work fine dry for me.. i also used the water based mixing medium and it worked well, and even water was fine. i use regular sponge tip applicators and my mac fluff brush... i LOVE pigs more than e/s

Latest posts