Please help Fake Beige-ing shadesticks on Ebay????

MisaMayah

I recently bought Beige-ing shadestick from a reputable Ebay seller who sells products from lots of other companies such as Clinique.

I read somewhere on here that MAC are very strict about the text print on their products.

When I compared it to 3 other shadesticks I own & have bought directly from MAC, the Ebay ones have print which are messy & a bit thicker than the ones I already own.

Also I noticed the batch number reads 'AC55' - as I understand MAC batch numbers are only 3 letters&numbers not 4, stading for the batch number/month/year it was produced.

I have already contacted the Ebay seller and they are assuring me it is genuine as they buy from a supplier who also supplies a MAC concessions counter in a well known department store.

This is what also concerns me as I thought MAc would deal directly with the department store not through a 'middle man' who would go on to sell to the department store.

So I have written to the Ebay seller again voicing my concerns & I'll have to wait & hear what they have to say.

Someone HELP please!

dizzygal

Estee Lauder companies who own MAC do not ever sell to third parties they only supply their own counters, outlets, stores etc.
I do have this under very good authority as my sister used to work for Estee Lauder companies there are times and this is only in the US when items are classed as substandard consumers can buy these in large quantities, in the UK they are termed as American rejects (pardon the term).The only other outlets are staff abusing their staff privilages I have written about this on another thread but I am not very good at linking.
With reference to the batch code all MAC batch codes have been 3 digit since around 1998 that was when Estee Lauder companies gained full control
and the batch codes should read as follows
1st digit
A,B,C or any letter of the alphabet is the first run of the month
2nd digit
1-9or A B C is the month of production
3rd digit
any number from 0-7 the year of production
as for bad print there are times when reject cartons and packaging have accidently slipped throught the net so to speak but that is normally a missing batch code or label
I hope this helps
cheerleader.gif

MisaMayah

Bad news guys, they refused to refund me saying its real. But i still doubt it. Not to mention they were rude and knew nothing about customer service.

It's so hard because they have thousands of positive feedback and they tried to say none of their other MAC consumers have complained. And I know it's because a lot or people are not aware of these fake items or what to look for to determine if it is a fake.

Had it not been for Specktra I wouldve never known what to look out for, and if I did see something dodgy about it I'd just think it was like a 'factory reject'sold for cheaper or something. Im so pissed!

macaddict_xo

If its the same seller I deal with, we both get our products from an Estee lauder convention in Toronto. MAC is included in this convention, and its held four times a year. All the products are authentic and are sold at way less than retail to clear out. Their may be a few problems with the packaging but this is why its not being sold at retail.