Please help: fake Copperclast?

lelio

Hello

just purchased this pigment on eBay and I think it might be a fake.

This seller recently bought a lot of pigments from the seller lydia_hk168 in Hong Kong (I found it out after bidding...), there was one Copperclast among them. Does anyone know if they are fake?

Before I pay I want to be sure if I bought a real one. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to find it out? Like one special detail I could ask the seller about that identifies a fake? I know how some fakes look like as I already got them on eBay (and returned those I could spot) but without having seen it --
th_dunno.gif
. Please help.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I want to make a quick observation here - yes this dark soul is fake as are just about all A66 batches

Actually there was one Dark Soul with a A66 batch in the lot from Hong Kong...

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelio
Hello

just purchased this pigment on eBay and I think it might be a fake.

This seller recently bought a lot of pigments from the seller lydia_hk168 in Hong Kong (I found it out after bidding...), there was one Copperclast among them. Does anyone know if they are fake?

Before I pay I want to be sure if I bought a real one. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to find it out? Like one special detail I could ask the seller about that identifies a fake? I know how some fakes look like as I already got them on eBay (and returned those I could spot) but without having seen it --
th_dunno.gif
. Please help.

Thank you!

Here are some pictures of the Copperclast I had
S1052368.jpg
S1052369.jpg

Not sure if that helps. The lid on the one you've bid on is a bit shiny which is one of the signs of a counterfeit paired with the fact it's coming from Hong Kong - that's definitely not a good sign.

Sure one of the other ladies will have more advice for you.

MACATTAK

Can you get anymore pictures? However, If they recently purchased pigments from Hong Kong, it's pretty safe to assume this is fake.
ssad.gif

MissCrystal

looking at the picture that Julie posted and your's it mos def looks like a fake to me.. the pic that Julie posted it looks more copper like and the one thats on ebay looks more dark brownish

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCrystal
looking at the picture that Julie posted and your's it mos def looks like a fake to me.. the pic that Julie posted it looks more copper like and the one thats on ebay looks more dark brownish

You can't rely on the picture to display colour differences accurately, please do not say an item is fake purely based on comparing the colour between two different photos.

There is an excellent sticky thread posted by caffn8me which explains why in detail at the top of the forum.

lelio

Thanks for all information.
More pictures would be helpful but I don't know how to ask for them. Sadly I already won the auction. Any ideas?

As the seller states in the description it is genuine I might ask her to email me the invoice, right? What do you think?

Off topic: There was one seller on German eBay selling lots of fake MAC, and being completely unaware of it I bought many items. After receiving them I thought there might be something wrong with the eyeshadow (prismique lustre) so I searched for it on the internet and found out that all items I got were fake. I informed the seller and she immediately agreed to refund; I got my money back and send the items back to her. Well, this was just the beginning!
After sending the items back I saw she was selling even more fake MAC on eBay. In order to warn others I left grey feedback saying that I got fake products. In rage she left negative feedback and filed a dispute telling eBay I didn't pay my purchase. I proved it was not true, she didn't care. I contacted eBay but they replied they can't do anything about it. So I filed a paypal dispute, she filed another one (she made a new transaction sending my money back so paypal treated it as if she bought something from me and didn't receive it). She was also sending me lots of emails abusing and threatening me. Finally she was banned from eBay and I proved to paypal that I did send her items back, and she did receive the parcel despite claiming otherwise. BTW, she told me she purchased the items in "Hong Kong or Bangkok" but in the paypal dispute she claimed she got them from the MAC Store in Berlin and could provide invoices for all of them. I asked her to mail me some but they never came.

This time the seller does not accept paypal so it might be difficult to get the money back if the item is fake. What shall I do?

panda0410

doesnt accept paypal makes alarms ring in my head.... The fact that the pic is not good and its in HK also make alarm bells ring in my head.... you cant get negative feedback anymore anyway so I guess it wont matter a lot if you dont pay, you can still get a NPB strike, but thats in your private profile.

As for the Dark Soul the fakes in this colour will mostly have the A66 batch number because they took the authentic batch number off a REAL pigment and applied it to all the fakes.... they are doing it will most of the other colours now as well.

lelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
Here are some pictures of the Copperclast I had
S1052368.jpg

Not sure if that helps.

It does, thank you. The edge of the lid (don't know how to describe it) on the one I won looks different (s. attached picture, I cut the detail out of the picture and enlarged it with gimp). The colour of the lid is also different.

vegas1

There are also authentic Copperclast with the batch code of A76. Just made at a different time. Many pigments have different batch codes, especially one's that were re-released and sometimes people don't realize this and instead think they got a fake.