Please help...fake MAC Viva Glam Nicki?

smiley

So today I got this lipstick which I bought from eBay and now I have some doubts. It just doesn't seem authentic to me. Can somebody please help me?
ssad.gif

Thank you.

smiley

Thank you for your quick response.
Well, that sticker at the bottom of the lipstick is much shinier than stickers on my other MAC lipsticks. Also, the recyclable symbol is missing. The smell is kinda different, it doesn't smell like vanilla. It's not terrible or something like that, but it is a little different.

niketyi

It looks authentic to me. I've never seen counterfeit MAC boxes (they could exist but I've never seen any. The counterfeit MAC I've seen NEVER come in any packaging and it's usually very distinct and noticeable that its fake.

rockin

It looks authentic to me. I've never seen counterfeit MAC boxes (they could exist but I've never seen any. The counterfeit MAC I've seen NEVER come in any packaging and it's usually very distinct and noticeable that its fake.

Fake MAC can and indeed does come in fake MAC boxes - there are plenty of examples on ebay. I can't see any obvious problems with the Viva Glam Nicki pictured, though.

pumpkinspice

Some of them don't smell as strong (vanilla) as others, I have some that are strong smelling of vanilla and some not so much, I order from MAC or other major chain retailers. The bottom sticker is similar to some of the newer collections, Baking Beauties, Fashion Sets have that kind of sticker you are showing. It does not look fake at all but you can take it to a MAC counter and talk with a manager, not a new employee but one established and knowledgeable enough to say or compare to an in store example. I am wondering why you bought that on eBay when MAC still has it?

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/10502/20927/New-Collections/Nicki-for-MAC-Viva-Glam/Lips/Viva-Glam-Nicki/index.tmpl

I do see it all the time at eBay, some of the bigger sellers will have every collection and people jump and buy Pre-sales and then end up paying double or more for something they can order themselves
thud.gif

I keep all MAC resources bookmarked Dillard's, Macy's, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Belk,
type.gif
I have an address/phone number for my favorite Pro store and others I like dealing with if I am ordering from a MAC store. I even have a girl who calls me to pre-order what I want in new collections.

Take my advice and do these little time saving tips and you will never have to buy from another eBay MAC dealer (that's what they seem like to me)
mac_wishlist.gif