Please help me apply concealer

sweetramona

I use Select Cover-up and I am pretty good at covering blemishes with it using my finger to pat it on. I had an MA put it on me and she did such a great job hiding my undereye circles so I thought I would get a brush to apply more precisely to that area.

I am having a lot of touble making this work with the 194 brush - I didn't expect it to be so stiff and sometimes it makes the concealer streaky. The best so far seems to be to dab a little concealer on with my finger and then spread it out with the brush, but I have a hard time controlling the amount that goes on that way.

How do you put on your concealer? Is there a better brush? Thanks for any help!

sel00187

i just put a tiny bit on my ring finger and lightly dab it around my dark under eye circles, i have the same problem and id love to know wot other people do too!

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Well all I do is use your brush to apply theconcealer and use it sorta like a paint brush... if it ends a bit streaky just lightly use your finger as a buffer to take the streakyness out... if that makes sense...

Nick

For the under eye area, my ring finger seems to work better. The only time I use my concealer brush is for acne.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetramona
I am having a lot of touble making this work with the 194 brush - I didn't expect it to be so stiff and sometimes it makes the concealer streaky. The best so far seems to be to dab a little concealer on with my finger and then spread it out with the brush, but I have a hard time controlling the amount that goes on that way.

How do you put on your concealer? Is there a better brush? Thanks for any help!

Gently pat the concealer on with the flat of the brush, don't paint it on. Patting deposits the colour, stroking moves the colour.
Dab/pat it on where you want the colour, then use the ends of the bristles to gently move to product to the edge of your dark areas and under the lashline.
smiles.gif

Also have you broken in the brush yet? It may be extra streaky because the bristles are still hard. Brushes have a glue fixative on the bristles that keeps them in shape during transit and sales - to get rid of it, gently stroke the brush back and forth on your hand until they start to bend and flex, then rinse the brush under lukewarm water and set out to dry with the bristles balanced lower than the ferrule.
smiles.gif

sweetramona

Thanks so much for suggestions - I am going to try to pat it on more than paint it, and it is a new brush, so maybe it will soften up with time.

One more question - do you put concealer from the tube straight on the brush or on the back of your hand or something else?

OnaFyre

A tip I picked up was to use a fluffier brush for concealer to apply and then buff it out.

I recently read somewhere that conceler goes on after foundation and powder. I've always done before. I can see after foundation, but after powder too? Anyone else have any thoughts.

sweetramona

Lara - just wanted to say THANK YOU!! I did it the way you described this am and it worked like a charm - all I needed after is blot powder and my skin looks great!

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetramona
Lara - just wanted to say THANK YOU!! I did it the way you described this am and it worked like a charm - all I needed after is blot powder and my skin looks great!

Yay! I'm glad to help.
smiles.gif

slvrlips

Wow, I usually never wear foundation or concealer . When I wear concealer I use it only as a base for my eyeshadow. but this information has been helpful
Thanks so much

Latest posts